Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Dachau shoulder board??

Article about: I've never seen that before. Have you?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Sorry, but there is no such thing as a "D for Dachau" shoulder board.

A Gothic "D" device was worn by the SSVT's "Deutschland" regiment. The cypher seen in the above photograph is the Gothic "T" for the SSTV's "Thüringen".
    Thank you, my apologizes for the mistake, especially to the O.P...I must of been mistaken or misinformed(guess that's why I couldn't find it). I was under the impression the "D" was not only used for Deutschland personnel, but also Dachau personnel early on.
    -----
    It'd be nice if Rosetta Stone taught in Gothic script as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dachau shoulder board??
    P
    Many

If I could bother you sir, am I mistaken in that this is a "D" cypher for Dachau personnel on the example below? Thank you.
    Dachau shoulder board??

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    If I could bother you sir, am I mistaken in that this is a "D" cypher for Dachau personnel on the example below? Thank you.
    Dachau guard personnel is right, but that's not a "D" either, it's the "O" for "Oberbayern".

Quote by JeffV View Post
    Sorry about removing the photo. I learned that it was fake and I didn't want to waste your time.
    Its never a waste of time.......as much can be taught from repro pieces..or we would never know the difference. Thankyou for your post
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Dachau guard personnel is right, but that's not a "D" either, it's the "O" for "Oberbayern".
    Thank you for the answer sir. Again, I was mistaken. U.S born in modern times gothic script isn't the easiest thing to learn. Sorry for my misleading post, I always thought it was a "D".

I find this useful
    Dachau shoulder board??

Thank you wizardman. I can recall such a variant from grade school B.C.I.S class. I've however always felt German gothic script from the period at hand differed than the old english variant...there's still much to learn for myself.

Try being Australian, we have trouble speaking English lol..Its old German i get stumped with..i have around 300 WW1 German postcards and can only make out a few words.

?

The strap is definitely not a good copy
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Perhaps this helps. I have made a rough illustration of the three cyphers in question:

Dachau shoulder board??

(Mind you, this is an amateur's hack job cobbled together in MS Paint & Word; it's not nearly exact in proportions and details and only meant to give a general idea of these letters' shape as they appeared on shoulder boards.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast