Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Dad's Dachau Stuff

Article about: We recently re-discovered stuff that my Dad brought back from his 3 month stay at Dachau (he was 2nd Lt with the 100th Infantry), buried at the bottom of an old GI duffel bag, and stuffed in

Yes, if authentic this is obviously a very valuable collection and high quality pictures showing fronts and backs are needed for a proper evaluation. I think every piece (except those which are exact duplicates) need to be shown.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dad's Dachau Stuff
    P
    Many

Your choice mate..do a sampler first..i know it can be time consuming but it would be worth it..and yes the more detailed the better....Also im sure many of the guys on here would like to know more about your Fathers Military career, we are all History buffs here and bringing back something like he did would be interesting to know where and with whom he served...It certainly looks like a great collection

If original, you're looking at well over $15,000 worth of memorabilia here...The cuff-titles alone are highly desirable...Welcome to the Forum, John...you're in the right place for honest feedback on your father's bringbacks...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    If original, you're looking at well over $15,000 worth of memorabilia here...
    John!.....John wake up!

Dad's Dachau Stuff
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

John P-
    Welcome to the Forum. Thank you for sharing with us your father's Dachau hoard. For many years, individuals outside the U S did not believe the stories of insignia warehouses was all rubbish. Your grouping is another historical perspective of what was found there by so many American troops. Over the 58 years I have collected, I have had the opportunity to see and purchase many groupings like this. The blank collar tabs are the rank tab worn on the left collar of the SS uniform. Without any adornment, they indicate the lowest rank of SS Mann. The "W" is a slide on shoulder strap insignia from the SS Panzer Grenadier REgiment Westland.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Holy cow!....

?

Wow!

?

Welcome and Blimey !!! Looking forward to seeing more , better and closer photos of this horde

WOW!!!

Glenn: Those 27 (!!!) cufftitles alone must be worth $20,000+ (low average of $740 per cufftitle)... no? Then you have the SS dagger, map satchel and other various SS insignia ---

What a hoard either way!! Great to finally be able to see one of these hoards as brought back --- thanks for sharing!

If you do decide to sell some of these items, I would like to encourage you to offer/list them here in our classifieds...I'm positive these items would sell quickly here at an honest and fair price...
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 09-12-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast