Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Dad's Dachau Stuff

Article about: We recently re-discovered stuff that my Dad brought back from his 3 month stay at Dachau (he was 2nd Lt with the 100th Infantry), buried at the bottom of an old GI duffel bag, and stuffed in

Hi John,

You may like to look on the latest update at Butschek Antiques regarding prices/value, as he has newly listed for sale some cuff titles the same as yours. Here's the link:

butschek antiques

You may have to register first, i'm not sure. Hope this helps.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dad's Dachau Stuff
    P
    Many

?

'Register" doesn't quite describe it Ned! He wants more information than I'm prepared to give out. I'll have to think about this, but thanks anyway. (It does seem strange that a site like his would leave no room at all for anyone to simply browse.)

Quote by John P View Post
    'Register" doesn't quite describe it Ned! He wants more information than I'm prepared to give out. I'll have to think about this, but thanks anyway. (It does seem strange that a site like his would leave no room at all for anyone to simply browse.)
    It might be worth your while just to see what he's asking for them....."Intimidating" was the first thought that crossed my mind!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for adding the picture of your mom and dad to the thread. The flower drapes in the background remind me of ones in my house when I was a tot.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    I would keep it all, but then again owning a brand new BMW sounds pretty amazing also!
    but a brand new bmw will go down in price

?

The difference in the dealer's sites: the dealer selling their stuff for end price, and only 20-30 % of collectors can give that price, also some of their stuff selling for a years, there is two ways to sell the item. Sell one for a top price, and get 2k -5k yearly for a piece or two, and win 60k as a result, or sell cheaper all in one year and get 30k, but for a 1- 12 month? Difference? Yes, if you need immediately 30k- go to the bank, and return them 60k
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi John, the site Ned recommended is good but not cheap. The problem with the registration thing is that he is in Germany. Due to the fact he sells Third Reich era material, that is why customers have to register to view it.

Dimas makes a valid point.

The photo of your Mum and Dad is great!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Items coming to the classifieds soon

Hi All,

I've been studying / absorbing a lot of information from here and elsewhere, and am now comfortable about what, where and when I want to sell. In short: some of it, in batches, here, and beginning soon -- the first in a few days. I just thought I would post here so that those of you that have been following this thread will know. I will also try to let everyone that contacted me know by private mail.

Last, but certainly not least: I am very grateful for all of the expertise and sound advice so freely offered here.

J
    Last edited by John P; 11-10-2014 at 08:41 PM.

CBH
    ?

An amazing find ! If your not a collector sell it off , take a nice trip with the wife !
    Your a lucky man to find such a treasure , so Enjoy it .

Cheers Chris

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9