Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Danish SS items via David Delich

Article about: by helmetone The material that makes up the uniforms has the appearance of being very coarse in texture, is that the case? Yes, no, maybe?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    The material that makes up the uniforms has the appearance of being very coarse in texture, is that the case?
    Yes, no, maybe?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danish SS items via David Delich
    P
    Many

Thread pinned!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

@ Paul. I think that they are not just similar, but the exact same(at least meant to be the same). Considering this is the symbol of the Schalburg Corps., one is lead to believe said group would be the only personnel authorized to wear the shield in debate. Of course, this is not by any means concrete evidence. If anyone knows of period documentation or any period evidence which can prove this, please do share.
    Danish SS items via David DelichDanish SS items via David DelichDanish SS items via David Delich
    Paul, I hope this is of some help.

Please allow me to elaborate even further. Personnel in the Freikorps Danmark and others of such used the more commonly seen shield that displays a white cross with red backing. This is evident due to the other tunic provided by Mr. Delich along with other things. Yet we can see the Schalburg Corps. uses a different style, which is also shown on there designated flag. This is what lead me to my conclusion, which is only a opinion based upon a few facts.

And thank you for the thanks, Paul. It always nice to receive gratification from members. However, I don't do this for the thank you, of course, I research only to further my own knowledge in the hobby I care for and to try and give back anything, no matter how little, possible to this forum which has given me so much in return for free.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-08-2013 at 09:56 PM.

?

My compliments on a stunning array of rare Danish SS and Schalburg Korps items presented in this thread. I can add but two items, both helmets (of course). Both painted parade black, one is the helmet featured in the Ludwig Baer book on helmets and the other is a black painted reissue double decal SS M40 Q named to a Schalburg Korps member, named and numbered 1512 whose name matches Role # 1512. I am not home and cannot remember the exact name.

Attachment 550697

Attachment 550698

Attachment 550696

Attachment 550699

Attachment 550700

Attachment 550701

Attachment 550702

Attachment 550703

Attachment 550704

Period photos of the parade helmet in use.

Attachment 550705

Attachment 550706

Quote by DougB View Post
    My compliments on a stunning array of rare Danish SS and Schalburg Korps items presented in this thread. I can add but two items, both helmets (of course). Both painted parade black, one is the helmet featured in the Ludwig Baer book on helmets and the other is a black painted reissue double decal SS M40 Q named to a Schalburg Korps member, named and numbered 1512 whose name matches Role # 1512. I am not home and cannot remember the exact name.

Attachment 550697

Attachment 550698

Attachment 550696

Attachment 550699

Attachment 550700

Attachment 550701

Attachment 550702

Attachment 550703

Attachment 550704

Period photos of the parade helmet in use.

Attachment 550705

Attachment 550706
    Thanks for the impressive items which add a further element to this thread. Your collection is a real treasure.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Thread pinned!!
    Thank you for giving this rare material the prominence it deserves. Thanks to Mr. Delich and his Scandinavian allies for this fine material and wise analysis.

Danish SS items via David DelichHere is the secondary source I think most informative on this issue, but it is also hardly a new work. Maybe there are others, but Hugh Page Taylor made an art and science of this issue in the past.

Danish SS items via David DelichDanish SS items via David DelichDanish SS items via David DelichAs an adjunct to the helmets from Mr. Doug B, I enclose these images from one of my correspondents in Europe, which I will leave others to analyze. The peaked cap, itself, is German and of the date more or less that such would have well been issued to Danes.

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    @ Paul. I think that they are not just similar, but the exact same(at least meant to be the same). Considering this is the symbol of the Schalburg Corps., one is lead to believe said group would be the only personnel authorized to wear the shield in debate. Of course, this is not by any means concrete evidence. If anyone knows of period documentation or any period evidence which can prove this, please do share.
    Danish SS items via David DelichDanish SS items via David DelichDanish SS items via David Delich
    Paul, I hope this is of some help.

Please allow me to elaborate even further. Personnel in the Freikorps Danmark and others of such used the more commonly seen shield that displays a white cross with red backing. This is evident due to the other tunic provided by Mr. Delich along with other things. Yet we can see the Schalburg Corps. uses a different style, which is also shown on there designated flag. This is what lead me to my conclusion, which is only a opinion based upon a few facts.

And thank you for the thanks, Paul. It always nice to receive gratification from members. However, I don't do this for the thank you, of course, I research only to further my own knowledge in the hobby I care for and to try and give back anything, no matter how little, possible to this forum which has given me so much in return for free.
    What is also interesting is what symbolism this particular shield with 3 lions thereon held for the Schalburg Korps , it is not a symbol i have readily identified with Denmark ( England and Estonia both have three lions in a shield as a national emblem ) so i wonder what the significance is ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    What is also interesting is what symbolism this particular shield with 3 lions thereon held for the Schalburg Korps , it is not a symbol i have readily identified with Denmark ( England and Estonia both have three lions in a shield as a national emblem ) so i wonder what the significance is ??
    It is, indeed, simply the national coat-of-arms of Denmark:

Coat of arms of Denmark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a present-day example for its use, here is how the coat-of-arms appears on modern Danish police uniforms:

Danish SS items via David Delich

[Source: https://www.politi.dk/da/aktuelt/pre...cPresentationU ]

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast