Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Danish voluntier from NORDLAND div. arm shield-caould it be real??

Article about: hello guy,s.Some days ago got offer from Kurland pocket attic sneaker-: As he said-got it from old house attic,in area where SSNordland divizion fought. Newer before when i made some deals w

Default Re: Danish voluntier from NORDLAND div. arm shield-caould it be real??

just right new try to find some those pics but cant remeber source.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danish voluntier from NORDLAND div. arm shield-caould it be real??
    P
    Many

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Yes Nordland were in the area of Libau and Priekuln and i must admit i like the look of it , i take it the cross looks like it is made from some aluminium field kit ?

Certainly field made items such as this were common on the Nord Ostfront !!
    just called to friend,giving hi,m some extra questions-he say,s that arm shield very much looks like has been in use.Some remains of threads from attaching to uniform still there-upper corners,side,bottom.But discovered in small box with buttons,needles,civil rings and other civilians stuff in attic.
    By my self when i check old attics-small boxes ,cases,and roof isolation is my main target-lot of suprizes could be found there.

With this kind of provenance I would certainly prefer it over a sterile textbook Dachau find - very interesting , thanks for sharing .. !

All I can say is that I have never seen one like it before.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I can see no reason to doubt this field-made shield. The construction looks right and the age is there. And the history that is known of it checks out as well. Certainly, the legionnaires would have manufactured their emblems on their own for no other reason than pride of country. Not worth a ton of money, as was said above, but a very interesting and nice bit of insignia nonetheless!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Never seen one. But I like it.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I can see no reason to doubt this field-made shield. The construction looks right and the age is there. And the history that is known of it checks out as well. Certainly, the legionnaires would have manufactured their emblems on their own for no other reason than pride of country. Not worth a ton of money, as was said above, but a very interesting and nice bit of insignia nonetheless!
    I agree but "regulation" insignia were made back then Much alike

Danish voluntier from NORDLAND div. arm shield-caould it be real??

Regards, Lars

agree with you Datruss about regulation.Latvian woluntiers also had their own regulation about arme shields and collar types-but there are few 10-th of different types of latvian arm shields i .ve seen field or home made-but used very legaly.German authoryties didn,t mind.
    SOLDIER TRADITIONS AND ATRACTYVITY ALLWAYS SEEMS TO BE HARDER THAN EVERY MILITARY REGULATION.
    I found in internet ww2 photo with Danish woluteer wearing self or home made arm shield,..but damn can,t find it again for the moment.Don,t remember source.-That one in photo was 2-3 times more primitive than this one.

By the way-There are book -Latvian SS-kriegsberichter memories.Read that book years ago.
    Latvian guy was comanded to NORDLANDS as kriegsberihter....-in hi,s memories he tells that lot of hi,s time lived in Danish guy,s bunker.(even few names from these soldiers has been given.Also remeber Danish ss guy,s as very brave-and he called them DANISH VIKINGS.Also took part in Danish legionere funeral next to some countryside house in Kurland. Well -i have to find that book for more info....i have it sowhere in my cracks.!
    Yes and the main thing is-he also mentioned that Danish guys allways when had free time drunk some alkohol and very often made something -as rings,smoking pipes,decorative stuff etc.
    I will find this book -maybe some of you are interested for more details...forexample as names ,ranks etc......

?

There can be a lot of reasons for the volunteers to make their own insignias. I have no problem with that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2