Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

DANISH Waffen SS Flag???

Article about: I've been lookin at this for a while...Dunno if it's for real? opinions very welcome. Heres the dealers description: Original German WW2 DANISH Waffen SS Flag, stamped, 1942 This item depict

?

Default DANISH Waffen SS Flag???

I've been lookin at this for a while...Dunno if it's for real?
    opinions very welcome.

Heres the dealers description:

Original German WW2 DANISH Waffen SS Flag, stamped, 1942
    This item depicted in the images below is an original German WW II Danish Waffen SS Flag. Very old from that time, has brass hangers, showing some wear.
    This flag is in pretty good shape, the color is crisp and the writing clear, all the stitching is correct. It has a few German stamps. The size is 27 x 41 inches (69 x 104 cm).

DANISH Waffen SS Flag???DANISH Waffen SS Flag???DANISH Waffen SS Flag???DANISH Waffen SS Flag???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DANISH Waffen SS Flag???
    P
    Many

Default Re: DANISH Waffen SS Flag???

The basic body of the flag MIGHT be old. But the runes are the part which needs to be examined closely as they could easily be added later.

I don't understand about the inked out markings? Is that an SS rune stamp to the left? Not clear and I am not sure if I am imagining it, but if so I would say the whole thing is bad.

Did this flag exist historically? Not something I am aware of?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Think i've seen a pic of a few men on a sub with a similar flag..will try to find it again.
    I think the runes look "fat" in a strange way but again if it's homemade that might be the answer..
    I think i read somthing about this flag coming from a museum...I will research further in2 this as it would be really cool to have, me being danish n all :-D

?

I think you are right Jesper. I have seen period pics of a flag with this type of runes, as far as i remember. Looking a bit awkward, they are not hard to remember. Could be wrong though.

?

Heres what i found!!
    Really don't know what to think of this dealer ...Has some really nasty stuff there which nevertheless is a part of the history of 3. reich...

Anyone who knows this dealer?

German AWARDS, military, Cross, Orders, Medals, Badges, WW2 and WW1 militaria

?

I have seen one of these before, and also remember seeing a similar example with the same pattern runes present but in Finnish colours labelled "Finnish SS Flag". Both flags were on an auction site full of replica/fake pieces. That's not to say that this piece is a reproduction, but at this stage I would be wary. Hopefully, somebody can find a period photograph with this style of flag present.

Regards,

Carl

?

i'm extremely wary bout this:-)
    Also all the kz-stuff he's got does'nt feel good...I mean..who would save that sad sad junk?
    Then again i know a guy who was at Buchenwald and he brought back lots of stuff from that camp..Rather morbid display he made of it..I'll ask him if i can take a pic to show you guys.

Found it on gunbroker originally but google redirected me to the site i posted above.

?

I must admit, i cant work out why theres a defaced stamp unless its a Russian museum stamp , but that would have added a credible excuse for not being removed and would help to prove the statement being made, although there are some members who say they may have seen this type of flag before, it would still be easy enough to sew on the runes post war and as for the black light test that in itself is not infallible

That site is truly dreadful and not somewhere I would advise anyone to shop.

I would walk away from this item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by jesper View Post
    Heres what i found!!
    Really don't know what to think of this dealer ...Has some really nasty stuff there which nevertheless is a part of the history of 3. reich...

Anyone who knows this dealer?

German AWARDS, military, Cross, Orders, Medals, Badges, WW2 and WW1 militaria
    Jesper, most of the u-boat items are really bad.. especially the hat insignia/metal badges... (I know who makes these.... sigh)
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast