Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Das erwachende Berlin 1934 -Piped Kepi

Article about: Here a few nice early SS photos from Das erwachende Berlin from 1934 by J Goebbels. The piped kepi with the black uniform is an interesting combo. I also like the medical and musician device

?

Default Das erwachende Berlin 1934 -Piped Kepi

Here a few nice early SS photos from Das erwachende Berlin from 1934 by J Goebbels. The piped kepi with the black uniform is an interesting combo. I also like the medical and musician devices.
    I hope you will enjoy. Thank you.

Das erwachende Berlin 1934 -Piped KepiDas erwachende Berlin 1934 -Piped KepiDas erwachende Berlin 1934 -Piped KepiDas erwachende Berlin 1934 -Piped KepiDas erwachende Berlin 1934 -Piped KepiDas erwachende Berlin 1934 -Piped Kepi
    Last edited by jHAM; 06-11-2013 at 09:20 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Das erwachende Berlin 1934 -Piped Kepi
    P
    Many

Default Re: Das erwachende Berlin 1934 -Piped Kepi

Thanks for sharing those. For the benefit of members unfamiliar with the Sütterlin script, allow me to add that the captioned SS officers are, from top to bottom: Dr. Leonardo Conti, Kurt Daluege and Richard Walter Darré.

Let me add my thanks for the post. In addition to the kepi images it is extremely interesting to see the early collar patch insignia in wear.

?

I am glad some of the forum members I have learned so much from have found some interest in what I have posted. Thank you Mr. d'alquen and HPL2008 for your sharing here on this site and of course Ade for providing the platform to share and learn.

Thanks for the fine images of this noteworthy book. I own a copy and it is rendered in the Heartfield style to advance Goebbels' narrative of the Nazi conquest of the capital.

Das erwachende Berlin 1934 -Piped KepiDas erwachende Berlin 1934 -Piped KepiDas erwachende Berlin 1934 -Piped KepiI now own a copy of this book inscribed by Goebbels in fact, in leather binding.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-18-2015 at 04:35 PM.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Thanks for sharing those. For the benefit of members unfamiliar with the Sütterlin script, allow me to add that the captioned SS officers are, from top to bottom: Dr. Leonardo Conti, Kurt Daluege and Richard Walter Darré.
    Sir, do you happen to have any book titles you can recommend to me for the study of sutterlin? I have Calligraphy as another of my obsessions, and i would be most grateful if you have some tips for me regarding Sutterlin.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Sir, do you happen to have any book titles you can recommend to me for the study of sutterlin? I have Calligraphy as another of my obsessions, and i would be most grateful if you have some tips for me regarding Sutterlin.
    I'm sorry, but I cannot help with any literature recommendations.

What skills I have in decyphering Sütterlin (and they are far from remarkable) have been self-taught by means of Sütterlin alphabet charts of which many are readily found on the internet and some playing around with a Sütterlin font for MS Word.

Some sites that might hopefully be helpful for you:

Here you can learn Suetterlin / German hand
    Sütterlin-Alphabet
    Sütterlin - Sütterlinschrift - Kurrentschrift - Deutsche Schreibschrift

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I cannot help with any literature recommendations.

What skills I have in decyphering Sütterlin (and they are far from remarkable) have been self-taught by means of Sütterlin alphabet charts of which many are readily found on the internet and some playing around with a Sütterlin font for MS Word.

Some sites that might hopefully be helpful for you:

Here you can learn Suetterlin / German hand
    Sütterlin-Alphabet
    Sütterlin - Sütterlinschrift - Kurrentschrift - Deutsche Schreibschrift
    Bravo, Andreas. I learned as Andreas did. I taught myself.

- - ------- - -

and in 1976 there were no websites like this, and no helpful Andreas, either.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I now own a copy of this book inscribed by Goebbels in fact, in leather binding.
    And from the former library of Wilhelm Brückner, no less. Congratulations on acquiring this piece of history!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast