Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"Das Reich" sleeve title...probably reproduction

Article about: This is so cheaply made that I could accept that it's a reproduction. Text & stripes appear to be painted or silk-screened on the ribbon.

Default "Das Reich" sleeve title...probably reproduction

"Das Reich" sleeve title...probably reproduction"Das Reich" sleeve title...probably reproduction"Das Reich" sleeve title...probably reproduction

This is so cheaply made that I could accept that it's a reproduction. Text & stripes appear to be painted or silk-screened on the ribbon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Das Reich" sleeve title...probably reproduction
    P
    Many

?

Bogus, Chief... Unless there is a CT out there that I have NEVER seen in any of Mollo's, Hayes, Soldat, or any other reference book I completely missed... Never seen this in actual use, nor is it any where close to period originals I have seen and studied...

Fred Green
    ?

Hello Warren,

This cufftile is painted on a piece of material. This is definitely not a construction method used during the third reich.

This dealer saw you coming. Is there any way you can return these items??

Fred

Looks like it's come from a film wardrobe department!...

Fred Green
    ?

I wouldn't give it that much credit!!!

Fred

Ridiculous. Whoever spent money on this lacks even basic knowledge of German Cuff-titles...
    One-looker fake...
    cheers, Glenn

Fred, he's a dealer and long-time friend...but knew nothing about this material.

I was the instigator of the sale, and have no one else to blame.

I will, certainly, discuss this stuff in our next contact, but not with any idea of monetary recovery.

The most (hopefully) valuable of the batch hasn't been shown here yet; several books of obvious vintage and originality.

I'll post them pretty soon. wlw

Right on, Glenn: That's me! I didn't even know what they were called. I accept your ridicule without rancor.

At least you're a good sport about it, lol...Best of luck in your collecting endeavor, and welcome to the Forum...
    cheers, Glenn