Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Day of the fallen heroes, Kraków 1943

Article about: Found these marvelous images today. Taken in 1943 on Adolf Hitler Platz in Kraków. The General is General Der Flieger Walter Sommé. "During the First Worldwar, Walter Sommé commmanded S

?

Default Re: Day of the fallen heroes, Kraków 1943

Great pics.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Day of the fallen heroes, Kraków 1943
    P
    Many

?

these pictures talk a thousand words, the soldiers who sat there had been through many campaigns , seen lots of close friends killed or maimed in action and had by then little respect for the highrachy generals. ive enjoyed seeing these pictures very much,may i have your permission to down load them and print them off for my small ss collection please ? regards from george

?

It is interesting that the panzer guy has converted an army wrapper by adding SS runes cut from a tab to army collar tabs.
    If I was offered this today I would swear that the SS runes were a clumsy attempt at fakery. Or as old Craig Gottlieb would say "oy vey" "What scheisse" Just kidding.
    Great photos. I would love to peruse through the archive that F.B. points out. Unfortunately my knowledge of written European languages is sadly lacking.
    A basket full of university degrees and I am still dumb as a stump.

Here is the link, and it, like so much else, has an English thingy, so there is no pain at all.
    The more all of you get used to using this kind of thing, the better we all will be and we will all learn more.

Frontpage | Narodowe Archiwum Cyfrowe

Far more merit to be obtained via this source than recycled old wives tales from the MAX or the SOS or "scull" superstitions akin to fuzzy images of canals on the surface of Mars....

I am always gladdened by Ben's curiosity and energy from which we all profit.

Great pics Ben thanks for sharing.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

bnz
    ?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    It is interesting that the panzer guy has converted an army wrapper by adding SS runes cut from a tab to army collar tabs.
    If I was offered this today I would swear that the SS runes were a clumsy attempt at fakery. Or as old Craig Gottlieb would say "oy vey" "What scheisse" Just kidding.
    Great photos. I would love to peruse through the archive that F.B. points out. Unfortunately my knowledge of written European languages is sadly lacking.
    A basket full of university degrees and I am still dumb as a stump.
    Yes, very interesting and unique shots, have never seen convereted Heer pz.tabs like this before either.

?

Me either and I hadn't noticed before, thanks guys for pointing them out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2