Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Delich treasure, SSVT 1 "D" Stabscharfuehrer

Article about: Thanks to David Delich for these nice images of his wonderful black Montur with the badge.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 930636Attachment 930635Mr. Joe in Texas is also aware of a tunic that he found from a Verwaltungsfuehrer for the SS Oberbschnitt Fulda Werra which later appeared in the Hayes book.
    The tunic was actually found by Atlanta collector Russ Hamilton. There were a few crumbles left over that I did snag including an "extra" F/W cuff title in a pocket. At first finding it had no unit tab at all but quickly provided a home for a rune tab. Such was the lack of knowledge in the 'olden days'.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Delich treasure, SSVT 1 "D" Stabscharfuehrer
    P
    Many

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    The tunic was actually found by Atlanta collector Russ Hamilton. There a few crumbles left over that I did snag including an "extra" F/W cuff title in a pocket. At first finding it had no unit tab at all but quickly provided a home for a rune tab. Such was the lack of knowledge in the 'olden days'.
    Thanks so much. Your interest in all of this across the span of decades is a source of happiness to us all.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks so much. Your interest in all of this across the span of decades is a source of happiness to us all.
    We always wonder what these items would say if they could talk. Sometimes we can say a little about them for them. That is our responsibility to history.

We always wonder what these items would say if they could talk. Sometimes we can say a little about them for them. That is our responsibility to history.
    Colleague, so well said. Those of us who have been searching now for more or less half a century and more always attempt to fill a void and a silence.

This site embodies the attempt to master this challenge, but it is a pretty flawed effort, not the least because those without collections and without our experience

really do not understand what some of us have endured and attempted in our search for the golden fleece and such. Many have only a casual interest, or,

their interest is openly malicious and they are jealous of serious collectors.

My thanks to you, Joe, for your many courtesies throughout the years of our acquaintance.

I can attest that I took the picture (post #12) my self in 1968 in Dallas. Texas. At that time it was in the collection of Ray Wood. We were all puzzled by the lower chevron.
    Joe Bourn
    Hi Joe, I hope it is ok I uploaded the picture. If not, I'll promptly remove it from my post. And my apologies for not giving you credit, I want aware it was yours...I didn't know who's it was.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Hi Joe, I hope it is ok I uploaded the picture. If not, I'll promptly remove it from my post. And my apologies for not giving you credit, I want aware it was yours...I didn't know who's it was.
    You owe us all an apology for your posts in this thread, and you owe me an apology for your uncivil behavior to me, as well as your shameless plagiarism of my posts
    and knowledge which you use as a braggard. Moreover, you owe David Delich an apology for questioning his motives.
    Last edited by Larry C; 01-31-2016 at 01:37 PM.

It is nothing new that tunics get restored and missing or incorrect insignia get replaced. Indeed, I own a tunic myself which has been altered at some point in time. It is no big deal.

Thanks for showing the tunic. I would love to own it!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3