Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Delich treasures, baubles from the basement of the Fuehrerbau

Article about: As Bob Coleman will remind us, the U.S. side came into possession of the Fuehrerbau in Munich, where a GI found these things that are today the proud property of my mentor, David Delich. Thi

Thanks. I do take your point that a film on this subject is preferable to many other subjects that defy logic as to how a script on teen age mutant what evers and such attracted financing and became a film. Such films are to make money, especially in Hollywood. I understand all of that quite well.
    My point is that the old films are still around, and one can see them easily too, and they are just better.
    However, I am a grumpy old man, who misses the real people in such films, who are all now dead.
    I watched Liebe 47 from 1949 last night, based on Borchert's Draussen vor der Tuer, and it was a remarkable film.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Delich treasures, baubles from the basement of the Fuehrerbau
    P
    Many

Here is a scene from this movie and I will take Karl John any day over the slick handsome men of today.

Liebe 47 - Beckmanns Kabarett - YouTube

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    They have the photos on their site, which is a pretty good thing. I grew up with these images in the 1950s and 1960s. The Jaeger pictures helped to get me started in all of this.
    Sure, but having a physical release, a complete high quality album would be amazing

Quote by Blaise View Post
    Sure, but having a physical release, a complete high quality album would be amazing

The Arndt Verlag people have used most of these images. Their books are widely available in Germany.

I do not endorse these books because of their apologia, but they have used most of the Jaeger images.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks. I do take your point that a film on this subject is preferable to many other subjects that defy logic as to how a script on teen age mutant what evers and such attracted financing and became a film. Such films are to make money, especially in Hollywood. I understand all of that quite well.
    My point is that the old films are still around, and one can see them easily too, and they are just better.
    However, I am a grumpy old man, who misses the real people in such films, who are all now dead.
    I watched Liebe 47 from 1949 last night, based on Borchert's Draussen vor der Tuer, and it was a remarkable film.
    Made it to the film today - The Monuments Men . . . was expecting to be disappointed . . . but happily, I will say - I was very pleased. For anyone that has followed this story over the years, and appreciates the expanse of this far corner of history . . . it will be a nice treat. The film may not have been an event of "epical" proportion - but it was a wonderful step in the right direction, and a great credit to the MFA&A for my eyes. My experience tell's me . . . for anyone [or any WW2 historian] that has studied [and enjoyed] art and it's history, has been deep into the mines mentioned in this film, visited the Louvre, or simply made a visit to a great art museum - this film will be great fun. For those that have no great appreciation for art, and only find excitement in scenes rooted in combat, you will be disappointed - it will not be for you, and it would be best to wait for something else.

Thanks for the report.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3