Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A Delivery note

Article about: Hi Guys, although this is a document and not an item or uniform or insignia, I though it was still worth posting here. It refers to a delivery of political prisoners. I "like" (wro

Default Re: A Delivery note

Hi Phil, as "FB" has mentioned, I found the document online. This archive is an early Christmas present for us all I think.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Delivery note
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Phil, as "FB" has mentioned, I found the document online. This archive is an early Christmas present for us all I think.

Cheers, Ade.
    For the year 1942 in the Wikimedia commons vice Bundesarchiv site there is a particularly long and interesting file of images of Marseilles as it, too, was occupied by the Germans after the North African invasion. The deportation of the region's Jews followed soon thereafter, and the events are especially well covered in the photographs here, to include the role of the rails in the process.

Hi "FB", I did indeed see those too. There is such a wealth of material there. I wonder what lies buried in the Archive proper?

I have some pics of some "Partizans" to show in a new thread gleaned from the same source.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi "FB", I did indeed see those too. There is such a wealth of material there. I wonder what lies buried in the Archive proper?

I have some pics of some "Partizans" to show in a new thread gleaned from the same source.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks for yours. The Bundesarchiv is the repository on the national level for the history of Germany, especially as concerns the national period, i.e. since about 1871. It is a sign of the times that this archive is following the general trend to digitalization.

What surely is also there are many answers in normal archives to questions we ask daily about the nature of uniforms and equipment.

That is, the SS Wirtschafts und Verwaltungshauptamt files are more intact than, say, for many other entities in the SS.

Many SS files that survived the war as booty and were used for denazification got microfilmed in the 1950s and 1960s, and were then returned to Germany. An exception has been the party central membership files, as well as those for the SA and SS which only were returned to the care of the German government in the 1990s. These SS membership files were looted by thieves, as you know.

The files of the Reichsfuehrung SS, for instance, were among these early files that were microfilmed.

In recent times, new bodies of files have come to light and surely contain a lot of information and knowledge on questions that interest us.

The issue is to work one's way through them all, which is costly.
    There was a time in my life when I could do this, but, to speak like an economist (which I am not...) the opportunity cost of neglecting other vital aspects of one's career is too great.

Hence, it is a real boon to us all that these things are now so readily at hand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2