Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Deutschland arm band.Real or fake?

Article about: Pls need help abouth this Deustchland armband. Is this orginal or fake. Thanks for yours help Peter

?

Default Re: Deutschland arm band.Real or fake?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mike, it is very easy to tell a fake Bevo title, once you know where to look. Here is the key Look at the reverse and the edge of the title. It should look like this. Now compare it to any repro.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Adrian! I'll compare that to mine this weekend.

Best Regards,
    Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutschland arm band.Real or fake?
    P
    Many

Hi Mike, I have now written a pinned thread on this subject. Please see the top of the forum.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Mike, I have now written a pinned thread on this subject. Please see the top of the forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Well, no need to take any photos. I'm 0 for 2 on Totenkopf cuff titles! Looked at the back this weekend - dot dash dot dash dot dash, etc. I guess I will stop buying/trading for cuff titles while I'm behind.
    But a friend of mine does have a nice Theodor Eicke CT that I would like to have and now I know how to tell if it is good...

Best Regards,
    Mike

Mike. I'm really sorry to hear that you got burned.

I actually mean that!

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Mike. I'm really sorry to hear that you got burned.

I actually mean that!
    Thanks John! But its not as bad as it could have been. I bought it about 10 years ago before prices went through the roof and I paid quite a bit less than the going rate at the time. I took a chance on it and lost. It passed the blacklight test and the burn test and the threads behind the letters looked correct but at the time I didn't know what I now know.
    Hopefully, what I have learned from this site will prevent me from making a much more expensive mistake in the future!

Best Regards,
    Mike

Mike, could you post some photos of the cuff? you never know.................................

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Mike, could you post some photos of the cuff? you never know.................................
    O.K. I will but it might be a week or two before I can. I'm working out of town and it might be 2 weeks before I can get home & take some pictures.

Best Regards,
    Mike

CurtD
    ?

Hi Mike, it is very easy to tell a fake Bevo title, once you know where to look. Here is the key Look at the reverse and the edge of the title. It should look like this. Now compare it to any repro.

Cheers, Ade.
    Unfortunately, not all bevo title's have this same ... edge. Like this Hohenstaufen CT.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutschland arm band.Real or fake?  

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I newer seen the arly fakes, but I thought it could be foreign work? Interesting to touch it...
    Dimas-
    In the early 60's, unit histories of the various SS Divisions were being published and made available at unit reunions. The book used to be furnished with a genuine cufftitle as a book marker. When the limited stock ran out, reproductions were made. This may be one of those early pieces.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

As my mother tell's me the story when she was young, she work in the factory in Ukraina, and in the late of 50's in that factory weas builded new work area, being the exvations, exavator has found a lot of German soldiers, as from the word of soviet policeman who came to that place with discharge unit all of the found bodies was a members of " cutthroat SS dvision " due of each soldier has collartabs and cufftitle...
    For sure interesting that the first fakes was made in the 50-60's in the USA, but in the same time till the end of 80's SS steel helmet was a common item in the Russian forests.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2