Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do you know this type of SS collar tab?

Article about: Hi Youssouf, Thanks for posting more photos. Great tunic! Thank you.

Youssouf
    ?

Default Do you know this type of SS collar tab?

I have this M36 SS jacket for a few years now and am wondering if you can tell me more about the SS collar tab. It is a kind of luxury model which I have not seen yet in real or in books. Have you ever seen a collar tab like this before? Real nice quality of sewing. Perhaps you have pictures of the same collar tab?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you know this type of SS collar tab?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Do you know this type of SS collar tab?

looks like a standard tab to me,,what is a luxury? tab

Youssouf
    ?

Quote by militarymania View Post
    looks like a standard tab to me,,what is a luxury? tab
    Unfortunately I do not have better pictures available. With luxury I mean that the SS tabs are sewn from a thicker type of thread with cardboard underneath it. They are thicker and more stiff than the usual types.

?

Are you sure its cardboard and not buckram material, ive never seen a cardboard backed one but i could be wrong

?

Here is an image of my M36 with an early tab for comparison.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you know this type of SS collar tab?  

Youssouf
    ?

Very nice jacket!! Especially because of the upgrading sewn over the SS collar tab. Here are some pictures I have just taken, I hope you can see now what I mean with "luxury" collar tab. I hope you can be of help. I just wrote about a cardboard background but this also may be a complete other kind of material, I do not know the exact name for the material. At least it looks like a stiff kind of cardboard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you know this type of SS collar tab?   Do you know this type of SS collar tab?  

Do you know this type of SS collar tab?   Do you know this type of SS collar tab?  

Do you know this type of SS collar tab?   Do you know this type of SS collar tab?  

?

Youssouf,

I've looked at the close up photos of your tabs and I'm not familiar with this type. There are certainly qualified individuals on this site that can elaborate on the tabs, I'm just not one of them. Wish I could help you but sit tight, others I'm sure will chime in.

Nice tunic, I'd like to see photos of the rest of it especially the sleeve eagle and shoulder straps. Thank you.

these sigrunen are of the polished cotton type....

Youssouf
    ?

Thank you all for your respons, does anybody have more pictures of the same type polished cotton runen? Here some pictures of the jacket.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you know this type of SS collar tab?   Do you know this type of SS collar tab?  

fabulous tunic,,really like that Westland cuff title...superb...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast