Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Dorky picture, someone stole my hat, again.

Article about: This image contains my hat. I want recompense.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Oh dear....just been there too.
    This is the collateral damage of what otherwise is a noble and disciplined endeavor.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dorky picture, someone stole my hat, again.
    P
    Many

The uniform picture used in the creation of the photoshopped image together with some male model's head and FB's cap is found widely on the internet, but was originally scanned from a book (I don't know which one):

Your favourite military uniform(s) throughout history
    ナチスの制服・軍 œã‚’デザイ... - 写真共有サイト㠀Œãƒ•ã‚©ãƒˆè”µã€

Dorky picture, someone stole my hat, again.The SSTV uniform is from the Hayes book. I own several pieces in this book, actually.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The uniform picture used in the creation of the photoshopped image together with some male model's head and FB's cap is found widely on the internet, but was originally scanned from a book (I don't know which one):

Your favourite military uniform(s) throughout history
    ナチスの制服・軍 œã‚’デザイ... - 写真共有サイト㠀Œãƒ•ã‚©ãƒˆè”µã€
    Thank you, Andreas. All part of the big parade here. Not that I understand it very much, but these things exert more of an attraction than we allow outside our circle of uniform collectors.
    I wonder if these photo manipulators understand the political and human reality of it all....?
    In any case, my cap is here and I am guilty of Wiederbetaetigung, probably....

?

F-B
    The theft of your cap for such purposes is just a testament to the quality of your collection and of our work here. Although it is a shame to see such a philistine use of your image. Here is another pleasing image of an attractive young soldier.
    Dorky picture, someone stole my hat, again.

I agree FB, this is a very nice picture!Dorky picture, someone stole my hat, again.

that small minds are still growing like cancer..that have to steal like roaches and not earn their own keep.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

CBH
    ?

The photo looks like a bad paper doll , at the very least they didn't copy and paste a fake .
    Don't get me wrong , they are bastards for stealing your image , but with good taste .
    Cheers and please keep posting your wonderful collection for us to enjoy .

Dorky picture, someone stole my hat, again.Dorky picture, someone stole my hat, again.Dorky picture, someone stole my hat, again.Dorky picture, someone stole my hat, again.Dorky picture, someone stole my hat, again.Dorky picture, someone stole my hat, again.Dorky picture, someone stole my hat, again.Dorky picture, someone stole my hat, again.Dorky picture, someone stole my hat, again.
    Quote by CBH View Post
    The photo looks like a bad paper doll , at the very least they didn't copy and paste a fake .
    Don't get me wrong , they are bastards for stealing your image , but with good taste .
    Cheers and please keep posting your wonderful collection for us to enjoy .

Thanks. I do not think the people who stole my image are bastards, really. I borrow images to recycle them here, but for reasons of education and enlightenment.
    Maybe this justification does not hold water. I guess these persons can tell real from fake, which has some merit.
    I am just perplexed. I try to give credit where it is due. I think if you recycle something, you should cite it properly.
    I do believe in scholarship and citations. I am very old fashion.
    My hat is here with the others.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-27-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast