Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Double swastika collar tab -opinions please

Article about: hey cats, just scored this tab, and I am wondering if that backram looks right..? ..and could someone let me know the correct name for this tab, that would be appreciated.

Default Double swastika collar tab -opinions please

hey cats, just scored this tab, and I am wondering if that backram looks right..?

..and could someone let me know the correct name for this tab, that would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double swastika collar tab -opinions please   Double swastika collar tab -opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double swastika collar tab -opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Double swastika collar tab -opinions please

I like the look of it IMO not sure of the correct name but it is a SS Collar Tab for Luftwaffe and Army Personnel Temporarily Assigned To Duty at a Concentration Camp.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

A nice Dachau made tab.

wow...you cats are quick...

Anyone know the proper name for the unit..? or is it just Camp Guards...or something akin to those lines...?

?

I have only seen it referred to as Konzentrationslager Kragenspiegel.Not much help,I know.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

i beleive the double swastika is also supposed to represent the E for ersatz{replacement} george w

The tab is a nice original. As for the history of why it came to be I had done some reading on it some time ago. I can not remember the exact place where I did but when I do I will post the link.

Regards,

Jeff

Hi Guys, this tab was designed by Himmler himself in 1944. I have seen the original document about it somewhere too...Himmler was never keen on men who did not come up to his standards (but never the less he needed) to wear the SS runes. Older age full SS men drafted in who wore this tab were allowed to wear the runic SS breast pocket insignia like Policemen. Came into use in June 1944.

Here are some rare photos of it in wear.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double swastika collar tab -opinions please   Double swastika collar tab -opinions please  

Double swastika collar tab -opinions please   Double swastika collar tab -opinions please  

Attached Images Attached Images Double swastika collar tab -opinions please 
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

thanks for all the info...a very interesting tab...

..and also, I take it, the backram looks okay..?

It just seems really orange, the camera flash really lightened it up...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast