Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dream and reality of black tunics.

Article about: Yes i know this, but when a very big amount of tunics are being fed into the marked, i figure the border between genuine and restored are being somewhat transperent over time. The way collec

?

Default Re: Dream and reality of black tunics.

Yes i know this, but when a very big amount of tunics are being fed into the marked, i figure the border between genuine and restored are being somewhat transperent over time. The way collectors are recognizing tunics is to study the details. So when there are hundreds of these some has to get thru the quality control.

Prices ruin the fun of collecting our history.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dream and reality of black tunics.
    P
    Many

Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.In my experience, such as it is, the border, as you call it, between authentic and its opposite remains distinct and quite recognizable.

Black SS tunics have never been especially inexpensive.

There are several members here who have advanced collections and share generously of their material, which is more than one can say of the maroon mayhem and childish behavior website, where next to no useful images and consultation eventuates.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-05-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Quote by Mauro C View Post
    sometimes you have to be objective and realize that we do not live in a dream world and that we can be satisfied, happily, also found a black jacket without insigna or buttons and simply restored with proper insignas. Then if you are among the lucky few who can afford to buy or find jackets untouched ... Well, good collecting. I am part of the other part of the world that does not believe in fairy tales, buy at the right price and knowing that in 50 years very few will wonder if the button SS RZM was there from the beginning or 30 years.
    As in all areas of collectibles, including military

In this regard, to each his own. Suum cuique. The pieces that are organic garner a higher price. I surely do not object to the restoration of such items, so long as the thing is transparent.

Untouched uniforms are available, but they are costly.

The suggestion that no such untouched uniforms exist is irresponsible and incorrect.

The latter are not to be had for a small sum of money.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    George Petersen found several hundred stripped black tunics in Russia.
    Good god, several hundred?! I wasn't aware of that. That really changes my estimation of how rare these tunics really are then.

Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Dream and reality of black tunics.Intact tunics with the original badges are pretty rare, in fact.

The Geo Petersen specials are less so, but even then, a real black SS tunic is surely much more rare than many other items of III. Reich regalia.

Even a real one that has been fiddled with somewhat is vastly preferable than an outright fake.

The redecoration of all kinds of textiles from 1933-1945 hardly began in the 1990s.

The faking of Nazi regalia actually was a booming business in the III. Reich, itself, as the RZM ghosts remind us.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-07-2012 at 04:18 AM.

foetid woolens.

?

Interesting thread. Did these tunics have any Russian studio markings?

The stamps tend to say Mosfilm or Lenfilm and have inventory numbers. I do not have an image at hand.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-30-2014 at 05:54 PM.

?

Thanks for the info on the markings. I would love to have a black tunic even if it was restored with original insignia. It is such a classic TR item.

Quote by kirby View Post
    Thanks for the info on the markings. I would love to have a black tunic even if it was restored with original insignia. It is such a classic TR item.
    Kelly Hicks has one for sale, actually. It is not especially cheap, but it is real with a minor restoration.

- - ------- - -

Dream and reality of black tunics.This item was from Barrandov in Praha, but its quite real. It was in a good collection and sold by Bruce Herman. The property stamps
    in said item are blacked out here. I own an officer's peaked cap from this source, and it is a very rare variant of a 1936 or so era cap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2