Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

early Allgemeine cavalry tab

Article about: I have just aquired this It was listed as SA am i correct in thinking it is ss. From info i have to hand it possibly is 8th standarten Paderborn west. I have had a hard time finding similar

early Allgemeine cavalry tabI have this image of a later variant, without the unit number. Courtesy: Delich That is, this is not mine.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-29-2014 at 04:21 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early Allgemeine cavalry tab
    P
    Many

early Allgemeine cavalry tabearly Allgemeine cavalry tabearly Allgemeine cavalry tabearly Allgemeine cavalry tabearly Allgemeine cavalry tabearly Allgemeine cavalry tabNon 21st century means....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-29-2014 at 04:20 AM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    early Allgemeine cavalry tabI have this image of a later variant, without the unit number. Courtesy: Delich
    Very interesting Friedrich are the flag posts and bottom part of the flag black bullion or is it silver that has tarnished over time.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Quote by ddavies View Post
    Very interesting Friedrich are the flag posts and bottom part of the flag black bullion or is it silver that has tarnished over time.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    This is not mine, though I surely wanted it. I cannot generalize beyond the image, save that early SA and SS insignia was silber Gespinst, which does corrode like this.
    And, we have noted that persons in the pre 1935 epoch had their own insignia made, despite regulations to the contrary.
    All part of the whole with its contradictions, the latter which bedevil small minds.

Maybe Bob Coleman can help with this?

I have some images of late SS Reiterei black uniforms......

I am happy that I own this, a man who likely was an SS mounted personage and oversaw such units. Attachment 707486
    The SS Reiter qualification badge. I had an HJ Reiter winter uniform which possesed both the HJ and SS Reiter badges.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

This is not mine, though I surely wanted it. I cannot generalize beyond the image, save that early SA and SS insignia was silber Gespinst, which does corrode like this.
    And, we have noted that persons in the pre 1935 epoch had their own insignia made, despite regulations to the contrary.
    All part of the whole with its contradictions, the latter which bedevil small minds.
    The later part is what make's collecting diffecult if something is private purchase and dosen't conform to the norm.Thats where knowledge and experience comes into play.Without the kindness of fellow forum members i would not dare tread into non regulation private made insignia for fear of making mistakes.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Here is the SA tab that came with the cavalry tab.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture early Allgemeine cavalry tab   early Allgemeine cavalry tab  

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The SS Reiter qualification badge. I had an HJ Reiter winter uniform which possesed both the HJ and SS Reiter badges.
    Thanks Bob do you have any pics it would be great to see.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Quote by ddavies View Post
    The later part is what make's collecting diffecult if something is private purchase and dosen't conform to the norm.Thats where knowledge and experience comes into play.Without the kindness of fellow forum members i would not dare tread into non regulation private made insignia for fear of making mistakes.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Happy collecting. In the period before the VA SS/RZM standardization of such things (which is richly evident in the original sources of how arduous this process was), wide variations can exist, and we celebrate these and find them very tempting.
    Thanks for showing your nice things. It may be that the collar patches belonged to the same person, who went from the SA into the SS. Someone with the order of battle of
    the two organizations can decipher this from the units in question. I do not know the garrison of this 8 Reiter of the SS and the SA unit.
    Apropos kindness and generosity, we are grateful that this site stimulates more of these virtues than the ordinary vices found elsewhere.

PS SA Brigade 66 was or was not HQd in Muenster; the SS badge is or is not from Paderborn.
    The distance between these locales, however, is pretty certain at around 154km or so.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-29-2014 at 07:14 PM.

Happy collecting. In the period before the VA SS/RZM standardization of such things (which is richly evident in the original sources of how arduous this process was), wide variations can exist, and we celebrate these and find them very tempting.
    Thanks for showing your nice things. It may be that the collar patches belonged to the same person, who went from the SA into the SS. Someone with the order of battle of
    the two organizations can decipher this from the units in question. I do not know the garrison of this 8 Reiter of the SS and the SA unit.
    Apropos kindness and generosity, we are grateful that this site stimulates more of these virtues than the ordinary vices found elsewhere.

PS SA Brigade 66 was or was not HQd in Muenster; the SS badge is or is not from Paderborn.
    The distance between these locales, however, is pretty certain at around 154km or so.
    Thanks again Friedrich for all your help,I never thought of the possibility of a connection between the two tabs,it might be worth looking in that direction.Your help and advice is very much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast