Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

early Allgemeine cavalry tab

Article about: I have just aquired this It was listed as SA am i correct in thinking it is ss. From info i have to hand it possibly is 8th standarten Paderborn west. I have had a hard time finding similar

Yes Thanks very much Andreas for the translation.
    I love that great coat Friedrich
    Cheers
    Dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early Allgemeine cavalry tab
    P
    Many

Happy collecting and keep the two patches together no matter what you do.
    The authorities here should make this thread into a sticky, as it contains much useful data.

An elegant translation as always HPL. Here to add to Wim's list is the relevant page from the 1937 SS-Statistical Yearbook showing the standarten and their strengths as of that year.
    d'Alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture early Allgemeine cavalry tab  

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Happy collecting and keep the two patches together no matter what you do.
    The authorities here should make this thread into a sticky, as it contains much useful data.
    Friedrich I know i started the thread but it was yourself and others who have provided the useful data which i'm very greatful for.
    It would be quite nice to think a thread i started would recieve the statue of a sticky.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Quote by ddavies View Post
    Friedrich I know i started the thread but it was yourself and others who have provided the useful data which i'm very greatful for.
    It would be quite nice to think a thread i started would recieve the statue of a sticky.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Knowledge grows by its own magic, and you deserve full credit for finding such interesting and intriguing pieces.
    Thanks.

Just had the glue out
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Friedrich i do appreciate your kind words.And Ade Thanks for getting the glue out
    Cheers
    Dave.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Just had the glue out

Thank you, Adrian.

During looking for other information I saw this note in the "Mitteilungsblatt der RZM",
    number 4 from June 23, 1934 (page 7).
    At that moment there was a diffrence in wearing insignia for the mounted SS (Reiter-SS),
    being a Standarte (see c) or units (SS-Reiterstürme), which were not yet formed into a
    Standarte (see d).

early Allgemeine cavalry tab

c) mentioned the Arabic number and two crossed lances for the right collar-patch and for
    the lower left arm an arm-insignia also with two crossed lances. It was in one line wrongly
    expressed as cuffband. The cuffband was black with yellow stripes along the edges. The
    number for the Sturm was in white and for leaders in aluminum;
    d) for them the right collar-patch just had the two crossed lances, in white for enlisted
    ranks and NCO's and in aluminum for the rank Sturmführer and upwards. At the lower
    left arm the arm patch was worn with the crossed lances.
    The black cuffband with yellow edges showed the name for the SS-Oberabschnitt,
    about 3.0 cm behind that the number for the Sturm. Men and NCO's had white embroidery
    and Sturmführer and upwards in aluminum.

Maybe this is of interest for the SS uniform-interested persons. How long the cuffbands-
    system lasted I do not know. Maybe mr. d'Alquen can tell us. My guess is this already
    changed in about October 1934 as such cuffbands were not mentioned in price-list nr.1
    SS-Preisliste Nr.1 from the Beschaffungsamt SS), which was published in the Mitteilungsblatt
    from December 15, 1934.

Thanks again Wilhelm for posting and translating this info.It's very much appreciated
    Here is a pic from Peter Jenkins site from a rzm sample book.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images early Allgemeine cavalry tab 

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast