Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Early/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap Buttons

Article about: Hi Guys, would like to draw on your good collective knowledge if that is ok? Would any of you have some good images of original buttons for the silver braided chin strap on the back ss visor

Default Early/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap Buttons

Hi Guys, would like to draw on your good collective knowledge if that is ok? Would any of you have some good images of original buttons for the silver braided chin strap on the back ss visor cap? I would like to see how they are constructed, are they the same as the split pin repos out their?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap Buttons
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Early/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap Buttons

I was wrong don't understand well the post; I was looking for pictures but you ask for pics!
    Sorry

Cheers

Early/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsButtons.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-10-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Often times, the officer's caps have sewn on buttons versus the splint type or the rivet type, but this generalization is not 100%. The 1936, 1937, 1938 or 1939 cap buttons are alu, sewn on, and have the RZM SS stamps.
    I do not have a good picture, but can offer this to you based on some experience.

- - Updated - -

I neither used the word "prong" nor "grommet" in the above.

Early/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsDoes someone else have a picture of a button on a cap?

Early/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsHere is what I meant via "rivet,' but this tended to be on enlisted caps....

The person who posed this question above has vanished, as usually happens in these spaces. Wie lustig.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The person who posed this question above has vanished, as usually happens in these spaces. Wie lustig.
    F-B
    The other poster may have vanished but your faithful readers are still here and as eager as always to read your posts. Thank you for sharing your collection and experience.
    Early/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap Buttons

Early/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsThanks. Here are some foetid pictures.

Early/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsEarly/Allgemeine SS Visor Cap Chin Strap ButtonsThis Montur turned up elsewhere. It is not mine, though I wish it were.... It is from a Tensfeld, a Standartenfuehrer of Sta. 19 ca. 1935, who was later charged with war crimes in Italy in the suppression of anti German insurrection in the final phase of the war. The tunic was made in 1935, and the cap is of the same era, perhaps earlier.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-12-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast