Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.

Article about: Here are images that appeared on the maroon madness site, and though I do not like to engage in this shock and awe thingy, these images are of some didactic purpose. In case any doubt obtain

Default Re: early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks for making my point better than I was able to do so.
    A true compliment from a master of the English language. With a little time on the search engine, anyone can learn black cap characteristics in a very short period of time. Many marvelous examples have been posted in this place.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.
    P
    Many

early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.Tuchverarbeitung......

early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.Trikotage....

There surely are early caps in Trikot, but the enlisted caps of the 1934 or 1935 date are most of the former material.

The fakes, however, orient themselves to the later types....

...the fools.

Our Wim Saris also makes clear that the crown of the cap grew in stages in the years from 1933 until 1939 or so. I will leave it to others to noodle out that fact, however.

?

Interesting details.

early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.
    Quote by TrondK View Post
    Interesting details.
    ..about which you will find nothing of merit on other websites, that's for sure.

Such details are less than insignificant, but they are also fateful for a collector eager to secure an item of this type.

Whammond has two of these for sale, i.e. real ones, and they do appear on the market at varying prices....sometimes silly but also sometimes well within reach.

I have specialized in them, not the least because of pre natal influences of Heinrich Hoffman pictures from the years 1933 and 1934, somehow.....somehow.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-17-2013 at 05:55 AM.

?

To be honest i have never studied the black SS. But after reading and re-reading several threads here on this forum i have started to see why you and others enjoy these old pieces of cloth. They are truly addictive.

early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.
    Quote by TrondK View Post
    To be honest i have never studied the black SS. But after reading and re-reading several threads here on this forum i have started to see why you and others enjoy these old pieces of cloth. They are truly addictive.
    There are many things to know about each particular thing from the III. Reich. And one cannot know all the data about everything, so I focus on something at hand and that interests me.

The on line revolution has enabled me to garner these minor fragments which I endeavor to form into a whole. Wim Saris has done a much better job than any of us, however.

The digital on line thingy also enables you to be a wise and savvy collector with skill, if you so choose.

The key is how you use the evidence and which of these many voices you listen to, in turn.

Many have nothing to say, whatsoever.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-17-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Quote by Robert H View Post
    all the quality with all this junk is shocking me, there is no knowledge needed to spot such stuff.
    Same with this blk tunic set incl. "dieser Engstirnigkeit" of the owners.
    Robert will have noticed the inane debate on the lord of the flies site about this item and the odd black uniform.

The notables there turn the thing in circles with long winded proclamations and no use of images of authentic material or primary sources.....

How droll.

early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.early black SS peaked cap: a study in contrasts.Pascal Bernhard furnished these images elsewhere of what are plainly popular fakes..... This cap is a stinker, but it has elements of a real cap in it. maybe the lining is robbed from a real cap but not of the era.

This thing is also not made properly, and its details are kind of horrifying in contrast to a real object.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast