Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Early Grey Service Cap with Runes

Article about: by d'alquen This may have due to supply issues or could possibly have been political in nature, (with only the LAH being seen to wear the uniform of the army during a period when the relatio

Default Re: Early Grey Service Cap with Runes

The black caps with the runes are common as they are, though still rare. The grey caps with the runes are very rare, indeed, and seldom seen. Nice catch for you and thanks for showing your things to us.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Grey Service Cap with Runes
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The black caps with the runes are common as they are, though still rare. The grey caps with the runes are very rare, indeed, and seldom seen. Nice catch for you and thanks for showing your things to us.
    That could be said many more times . . . the black caps are interesting - rare to degree, but common, even so when marked in this manner.

It is the grey version that piques the interest more, when placed side-by-side with it's counterpart . . .

Your head is not that big, my size is 61...
    Nice cap!

?

They do indeed because why no RZM tag or stamp like the same era black caps?

Some have an RZM stamp on the peak, but only the one I showed you has an RZM tag. It is a mystery to me that I cannot fathom.

Early Grey Service Cap with RunesEarly Grey Service Cap with RunesEarly Grey Service Cap with RunesFor instance, these caps are the exact same age, but configured differently. Why? I cannot tell you. Such is the past, filled with riddles and mysteries that are even more difficult to decipher......
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-02-2013 at 05:00 PM.

?

Do we know of a grey cap with runes, tags and stamps?

I included it above. See post 14. It was from an SSTV officer. It is not mine.

?

I see it now..marvelous! Sorry, I'm a bit slow tonight..

Early Grey Service Cap with RunesEarly Grey Service Cap with RunesEarly Grey Service Cap with RunesEarly Grey Service Cap with RunesEarly Grey Service Cap with Runes
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    I see it now..marvelous! Sorry, I'm a bit slow tonight..
    Here is some more detail. This turned up a long time ago from a leading collector. It is a total gem. But yours is related. As I recall, there was an SSTV officer Eberhard commissioned in 1937, but I must look again.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast