Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Early LAH Headgear and tunics

Article about: Beside the many threads "Is this garment real or not" i think it is well worth to share this interesting Picture which i got today. It is dated 1934 and related to the 5.Kompanie o

?

Default Early LAH Headgear and tunics

Beside the many threads "Is this garment real or not" i think it is well worth to share this interesting Picture which i got today. It is dated 1934 and related to the 5.Kompanie of the LAH.
    The place it was taken is Pottenstein (Oberfranken).

Early LAH Headgear and tunicsEarly LAH Headgear and tunicsEarly LAH Headgear and tunicsEarly LAH Headgear and tunicsEarly LAH Headgear and tunics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early LAH Headgear and tunics
    P
    Many

An excellent picture, providing a fine study of early uniforms and insignia worn by the armed SS formations; thanks for sharing!

Thank you for posting what is an excellent view of early uniform items. Is the information regarding the unit on the back of the photo, and if so, might it be possible to post a scan of the reverse?
    Thanks again.

Hi, I notice a couple of the fellows in this photo have blank black right side collar tabs. very neat pic.

?

Very nice image. Thanks for sharing it.

A shame that the ring on the cross legged sitter's finger is just not quite able to be made out!

Although...with the blurred graininess....I'm certain that it would instantly be adjudged as "cast....without a doubt"....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you for sharing this great image.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

ALU
    ?

What types of uniforms are those? They look like some kind of woolen version of the fatigues.

Quote by ALU View Post
    What types of uniforms are those? They look like some kind of woolen version of the fatigues.
    These exercise jackets are sometimes seen in early SSPB/SSVT photographs.

They differ from the normal tunics by a number of features: They are of a "pull-over"type (no full front closure, with an opening only down to the waistline) with a rather loosely-fitting, comfortable cut, have two internal breast pockets with straight flaps, buttoned sleeves and no shoulder boards.

Perhaps d'alquen has more information.

Thanks so much for your fine material. You give us welcome relief from the endless rolling the rock up the hill as to authenticity, etc.

Viel Sammlerglueck!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast