Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

early LAH tab

Article about: FB i'm now concentrating only on runic tabs of different patterns.So before adding any of the early numbered runics i will look into investing in the Mollo books.I have quite a few reference

Default early LAH tab

Here is a tab i used to own a few years ago.I traded it away for a foreign volunteer tab.As i'm now collecting runic tabs,i was lucky enough to be able to buy it back.Does anyone have any similar early tabs they can show.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture early LAH tab   early LAH tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early LAH tab
    P
    Many

Bump. I am quite shock this thread hasn't received any post. What a rare variant, one which is hardly ever encountered. Thank you for posting it, and I'm glad you were able to obtain it again. Is there a story of how it came to be in your possess for the second time?

Hi Youthcollector
    Thanks for posting on my thread,I originally bought it from ebay it was listed in the wrong section so it managed to evade the ebay police.I have just bought it back through Martin stiles latest update at Hanners reich.
    Here is another nice early example which sold on his site as part of a early LAH grouping.You will notice as in my tab the runes are different to what we are used to seeing.When mine arrives back home i will take some better pics with my new camera.
    Cheers
    Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture early LAH tab  

?

Great tabs! I especially love the look of the black and silver twisted piping on these early ones.
    thanks DDavies for starting this thread and thank you Y-C for bumping this to the top as I never saw it before
    Dean

Yes, they are quite different than the variants we are use to seeing. That's why I like them so much, however, although admittedly they're similar to a pug, in the sense they're so ugly it's almost cute. It could be possibly that this is why nobody has commented thus far, as they may not be familiar with this example. However, from what knowledge I possess of this tab both examples look very real.
    I wish I had an example to contribute, but at this time I don't have any early LAH examples in my collection. I'm always on the look out for this variant as well as the skinny runes variant.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 09-24-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks to both of you for post it's very much appreciated.There are a few other tabs i have let go in the past which some day i hope to be able to buy back.
    Cheers
    Dave.

It's indeed a "uncoventional" tab, but the structure and material looks to be wartime.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    It's indeed a "uncoventional" tab, but the structure and material looks to be wartime.
    I would say pre-war. That was always my understanding at least.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I would say pre-war. That was always my understanding at least.
    I knew it was early Martin puts it pre 35.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Yes, I saw he labeled it as such when looking at the mantel that is on his site, too. As for the above collar tab, I honestly thought it would've generated more interest. I'm quite shocked it didn't, actually. I can only assume my theory was accurate, which was most aren't familiar with this variant, therefore they are reserving judgement. Of course, that is not necessarily a bad thing. No opinion can definitely be better than a wrong opinion, especially in regards to ss insignia.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast