MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

early LAH tab

Article about: FB i'm now concentrating only on runic tabs of different patterns.So before adding any of the early numbered runics i will look into investing in the Mollo books.I have quite a few reference

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Yes, I saw he labeled it as such when looking at the mantel that is on his site, too. As for the above collar tab, I honestly thought it would've generated more interest. I'm quite shocked it didn't, actually. I can only assume my theory was accurate, which was most aren't familiar with this variant, therefore they are reserving judgement. Of course, that is not necessarily a bad thing. No opinion can definitely be better than a wrong opinion, especially in regards to ss insignia.
    I gree with you Youthcollector.Over on the WAF it has generated quite a posotive respnose.Jim Toncar has very kindly post the officer version of my tab with exact style runes.It took him quite some time to find his example,and he only know's of three others.
    Thanks again Youthcollector for your help with this thread very much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early LAH tab
    P
    Many

Here you can clearly see a tab that looks like yours.

(This is not my picture)
    Attached Images Attached Images early LAH tab 

early LAH tabearly LAH tabOne should note that the Kragenspiegel here might also have been an company grade officer's tab, in the epoch in which the black and alu piping indicated the lower officer grades.

See: Mollo, vol. III, pp. 51ff.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-22-2013 at 03:46 AM.

?

F-B is of course correct. I should also point out that the example posted by Jim T. on the other forum is not an officer's tab, but the EM version as seen in above in post 12 with the even earlier white piping...

Quote by Arran View Post
    F-B is of course correct. I should also point out that the example posted by Jim T. on the other forum is not an officer's tab, but the EM version as seen in above in post 12 with the even earlier white piping...
    Thank you, dear colleague. See: Mollo, Vol I, pp. 22-23.

Thanks Sid for posting that pic of the style of tab being worn.Thanks FB that info is very useful I'm still learning about the real early days and the way things were organised.
    Arran i'm sorry to have to dissagree but the example Jim Toncar posted does have silver bullion piping if you look very close.
    Cheers
    Dave

We here have done quite a bit to illustrate early SS insignia, that is, pre 1936 or so, in great detail via documents as well as examples. Do look at the relevant threads. The Delich material is found here, and not elsewhere.
    The Effekten of early, that is, 1933-4 epoch SA and SS insignia, like its Rw prototype, was often silver wire versus alu wire.
    If you wish seriously to collect SS regalia, the investment in Mollo in both time and treasure will equip you for success.
    Nor is one's interests served by relying solely on other websites with flawed information flogged often by even more flawed savants who proffer more smoke than light as a means of knowledge.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-22-2013 at 08:51 PM.

?

I'd like to add that this very rare "Fat Runes" SS decal is linked only to the LAH and is found on an exact series of 5 x ET M35 1935 production helmets and some very rare black SS civic/transitional helmets also liked to the LAH, which photographic evidence of the era supports. Seeing these "fat rune" SS LAH specific runic tabs I can't help but think that the LAH had a variant decal for use in conjunction with the matching tab for a very short time period.

?

Dave is correct and I am in error- I see upon close examination that the piping in Jim T.'s tab is metallic as opposed to white. Doug, that is a fantastic lid!

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I'd like to add that this very rare "Fat Runes" SS decal is linked only to the LAH and is found on an exact series of 5 x ET M35 1935 production helmets and some very rare black SS civic/transitional helmets also liked to the LAH, which photographic evidence of the era supports. Seeing these "fat rune" SS LAH specific runic tabs I can't help but think that the LAH had a variant decal for use in conjunction with the matching tab for a very short time period.
    that is a interesting thought, it would not surprise me, great helmet Doug.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast