Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

early LAH tab

Article about: FB i'm now concentrating only on runic tabs of different patterns.So before adding any of the early numbered runics i will look into investing in the Mollo books.I have quite a few reference

FB i'm now concentrating only on runic tabs of different patterns.So before adding any of the early numbered runics i will look into investing in the Mollo books.I have quite a few reference books at my disposal i'm sure the Mollo books will be of great help.I have never been one to solely rely on just opinion alone,But i do like to ask from time to time especially if i'm asking for opinions on a item i have not encountered before.Thank's FB for your recomendation of the Mollo books.
    Very nice Helmet Doug thanks for sharing.
    Cheers
    Dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early LAH tab
    P
    Many

Good luck.

?

There is a paper back revised edition of the Mollo books and it includes vol. I-6. Not sure why it didn't include vol. 7. It might be easier to find than the early hard backs.

You do need vol. VII as it is focused on Waffen SS unit insignia in detail.

I prefer these books to Angolia, as the latter is wholly derivative and it has many mistakes.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I'd like to add that this very rare "Fat Runes" SS decal is linked only to the LAH and is found on an exact series of 5 x ET M35 1935 production helmets and some very rare black SS civic/transitional helmets also liked to the LAH, which photographic evidence of the era supports. Seeing these "fat rune" SS LAH specific runic tabs I can't help but think that the LAH had a variant decal for use in conjunction with the matching tab for a very short time period.
    Doug, you read my mind I was thinking the exact same thing about the fat runes decal , and that it might be correlated as such regarding the date of the fat rune tabs. Funny..it's discussions like this, with knowledgable peers that help bring theory and sometimes ,light to matters like this.

DDavies, Mollo helps a lot. Tons of written detail and photo references.

Thanks again,the Mollo book will soon be a valuable part of my reference library
    Cheers
    Dave.

Quote by ddavies View Post
    Thanks again,the Mollo book will soon be a valuable part of my reference library.
    You won't regret it; it's a must-have.

As has been implied above; do get all seven volumes. The best approach is probably to find the collected paperback edition of volumes I - VI and to purchase a copy of vol. VII separately.

(Which is what I did; I bought the collected edition of vol. I - VI at a fair in England in 1998 and finally found myself a second-hand copy of Vol. VII from a German dealer in 2002.)

I have the entire set, too, and I can honestly say I've learned more from it than the majority of my reference books, put together. A purchase you will not regret.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3