Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early Leather Peaked SS Cap

Article about: Hello, I would really appreciate your opinions on this cap. Thank you in advance, Grant.

Default Early Leather Peaked SS Cap

Hello,

I would really appreciate your opinions on this cap. Thank you in advance, Grant.Early Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS Cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Leather Peaked SS Cap
    P
    Many

Early Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapMy first impressions of the enclosures here tend to the negative, truth be told.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-29-2014 at 07:02 PM.

a couple of these objects in post # 2 are outside my collection, but most are within it....

Early Leather Peaked SS CapOne criterion with this kind of thing, seldom considered by some, is the size of the officer corps in the years from 1932 until about 1935. This small number militates strongly against finding this kind of thing. That is to say, how many caps survive of an officer corps that was so insignificant in size? Supply is miniscule of the surviving items. By contrast, the early cap is widely faked. The ca. 1938 era cap ( see here) is more plentiful, but also rare.
    Our images have now given rise to more and more copies, of which the object before us is an average one, I believe.
    The real way to tell are the black woolen and white woolen textiles, as well as lining, and such.
    I am not enjoined to reveal every detail.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-30-2014 at 06:25 AM.

Finally, the "aging" of the interior, which strikes me as artificial, does not make a great deal of sense when lodged against real examples....

Thank you FB, your expertise and observations are very much appreciated.

Quote by greimers View Post
    Thank you FB, your expertise and observations are very much appreciated.
    I wish could report something more positive. Good luck. Eventually mine will be for sale in some venue.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-30-2014 at 05:19 AM.

Early Leather Peaked SS Cap
    Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Early Leather Peaked SS CapOne criterion with this kind of thing, seldom considered by some, is the size of the officer corps in the years from 1932 until about 1935. This small number militates strongly against finding this kind of thing. That is to say, how many caps survive of an officer corps that was so insignificant in size? Supply is miniscule of the surviving items. By contrast, the early cap is widely faked. The ca. 1938 era cap ( see here) is more plentiful, but also rare.
    Our images have now given rise to more and more copies, of which the object before us is an average one, I believe.
    The real way to tell are the black woolen and white woolen textiles, as well as lining, and such.
    I am not enjoined to reveal every detail.

Hi, It appears to me, by looking at your photos FB, that the SS used a type of wool {textile} altogether different from the other branches of service in the TR. Seems most visors have a light pattern in the cloth, from what I see, this is not present in the SS visors.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast