Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early Leather Peaked SS Cap

Article about: Hello, I would really appreciate your opinions on this cap. Thank you in advance, Grant.

That is one thing i love about FB. All the examples and lessons. SS Textiles are a tricky path to traverse, but with aides like FB's fine SS examples, he helps us in our studies and pursuits. Knowing Textiles is for sure one way to acquire authentic SS collectibles. Then when he breaks in with the Delich treasures it further expands my mind at least.

Merry Christmas FB. Take care good buddy. -Brian- Octavian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Leather Peaked SS Cap
    P
    Many

Merry Christmas, Brian. You have a simple choice: a.) read defective books in English with a lot of pictures and even more mistakes (most of the Schiffer books as well as good ole Angolia), or b.) rely on half witted opinions on websites by some digital blowhard, or, c.) be a professional, and try to piece the things together in an attempt to get at the truth. We are a group of persons here who have chosen the latter path, whereas other sites follow the former paths. I made the decision to make my collection public, as has David Delich and several other people here whom I should also mention, especially Mr. d'Alquen and Wim Saris and HPL2008 and so on. I do not think there is another rational choice other than to share knowledge and to fortify it. Hoarding it all in secret is hardly edifying. I am a professional history teacher, and I decided to use this medium to experiment with something that I otherwise never do. My normal classes are not like this at all. But I did go to Proseminare in German universities in the dim reaches of time, and there I learned Quellenkunde, which is what we do. We assess the things from the past that endure, and what they might mean. I also want more people to collect, actually, versus the glamor dealer psy ops attempt to limit the circle of collectors through disinformation and bullying.

Some of you enjoy what Adrian Stevenson and others have fashioned here, while others hate it with a peculiar passion.

I am very grateful that some of you enjoy the process and many of you have added invaluably to it with your own treasures.

Those for whom learning and the evidence of the past are too challenging often react with mental violence to the task,

which says a great deal about our unhappy time and its cultural degradation.

Those who prevent other people from learning have a very dark and awful place in hell waiting for them.

Early Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapOnce more, Merry Christmas, and a happy new year in search of little, arcane facts.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-26-2015 at 12:06 AM.

Early Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapSource studies , the
    Part of Speech: noun, feminine
    Frequency: ▮▯▯▯▯
    spelling
    Word separation : Quel | len | kun | de
    Meaning Overview
    Doctrine of the sources ( 3 ) , their detection , transmission and evaluation
    pronunciation
    Emphasis : Quẹllenkunde

Early Leather Peaked SS CapThe simple way to understand the bureaucratic structure with this question is via this excellent book, which is written by Bundesarchiv archivists about the VA SS and
    WVHA.....

One day, when I retire and go elsewhere, I intend to read the files, themselves, if I do not tumble into the pit of hell, first.

If I find something, I will tell you. But Mr. d'Alquen has read the files at higher echelons of command as well as the orders that emerged from these entities

and he has shared his decades of research with us in detail.

Several people make this forum what it is; a friendly, scholarly, and educational one. I won't name you, we visitors and modest contributors all know who you are. I'd be afraid I'd leave a name out by mistake.

The photos are icing on the cake.

Thanks to all of you!

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    Several people make this forum what it is; a friendly, scholarly, and educational one. I won't name you, we visitors and modest contributors all know who you are. I'd be afraid I'd leave a name out by mistake.

The photos are icing on the cake.

Thanks to all of you!
    Dear Friend, and you are also a very central figure to the well being and common good of this site, and I thank you and wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous 2016.
    Thanks to you, in turn, FB

Early Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapEarly Leather Peaked SS CapCaps with leather peaks.

each one is subtly different, a source of endless amusement to me.

Thank you F-B for pointing me in the right direction.

Yes, Uniformen-Markt is a wonderful periodical archive and a friend has every issue in digital form from Dec. 1934-Spring of 1945, incl. all of the bi-weekly issues, but my problem is that I don't read German very well, a real disadvantage in this hobby.

I had no idea SS uniforms were so pricey. Almost 72.00 RM for a greatcoat was quite a lot of dough in those days

Forgive me gentlemen for being only a transfixed observer. These lovely "fetid wollens" are alas out of my reach, at least this point in my life. However, seeing such beauties in crisp, digital form is a real treat and for me the next best thing to owning them in a way. I admittedly live vicariously through other folks collections and I really do get equally excited when another collector acquires a new rare piece, I'm sure others do as well.

The black Allgemeine-SS uniforms have been a favorite of mine since I was a kid and I distinctly remember watching "The Seventh Cross" at age 12, and making a mental note of the early (1936) SS uniforms and how cool they looked. I probably won't participate too much on this sub-forum, but I will, with a slightly covetous eye, be watching from the sidelines, taking notes and learning as much as possible, just in case.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast