Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early SS Armband Opinions Please

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Do let me say this to you all: one criterion that is essential to me is the smell in the cotton of the dye, which, since there is no smell o vision, it is impossible to

Default Re: Early SS Armband Opinions Please

Quote by andrei1774 View Post
    Frierich, I am a person who selling this armband and I never try to sell fakes as original. This armband was discussed on WA and forum gave me OK. I hope you not calling me "crooks" in this situation. After your first post which stated it is a fake, now you back up and try to say it's need be more examine. How good opinion is it?
    The bull in a China shop method is obviously not the best approach here Andrei.

I hardly think that someone expressing their honest opinion on the authenticity of an item qualifies as labelling you a crook.

Perhaps you need to cool off and then consider offering apologies where due.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS Armband Opinions Please
    P
    Many

Quote by Rob Jones View Post
    The bull in a China shop method is obviously not the best approach here Andrei.

I hardly think that someone expressing their honest opinion on the authenticity of an item qualifies as labelling you a crook.
    Ok. I see. Can everybody accept my apologies. Rob knows me before this deal and all time were OK.

Ok. I see. Can everybody accept my apologies. Rob knows me before this deal and all time were OK.
    Its true, we have engaged in a few other transactions along the way without any issues and in fact we actually had no issues between us tonight until Andrei decided to go and take things on a much too personal level.

He did reimburse me for the full amount without any hassle whatsoever so if you fellows could be so gracious perhaps you might allow Andrei here a second chance.

That is provided you can overlook his ill conceived and rather rambunctious entrance here at War Relics.

Either way, I remain grateful to all of you for your guidance.

Best,
    Rob

i my self would not knock this one right a way .. The arm;s them selfs have the nice fold , Had this one in my hand the other day and kick my self i did not buy it but no $$$ so it went to a dealer and was sold the next day ,hands on helps ,these are hard to judgy at the best of times .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS Armband Opinions Please   Early SS Armband Opinions Please  

Early SS Armband Opinions Please  

Thank you for your apology. My comments were in no way directed against you as a person, but reflected my assessment of the object.
    I regret that you chose to misinterpret my assessment, which was not personal or ad hominem in any way. Nor was my reason for my answer maliciously to harm your business dealings in a hurtful way.
    Persons ask twenty times a day here about items which are next door or across the ocean, and one never knows the full story. It is a situation ripe with conflict. I have enough of that without this additional unhappiness.
    You can easily see, further, that on line attacks do nothing for you and your prospects with this material. We are subjected constantly to persons arriving here with attempts to sell fakes, which happened, in fact, yesterday.
    It is also true that persons can honestly believe an item is real. Also true is that I am hardly infallible and make no claim to be at all.
    Cotton SS arm bands are rare. I enclosed examples I know to be real.
    Most important, people can disagree like mature adults and address the conflict in this material in a constructive way. This constructive disagreement is the exception, and hardly common.
    However, this site has been constructed by its moderators on a basis of good conduct, and thanks to Andrei for his engagement now of our principles.
    Thank you for your apology and you are welcome to join us in this spirit.

Quote by hawkins View Post
    i my self would not knock this one right a way .. The arm;s them selfs have the nice fold , Had this one in my hand the other day and kick my self i did not buy it but no $$$ so it went to a dealer and was sold the next day ,hands on helps ,these are hard to judgy at the best of times .
    Thanks for your addendum. I would suggest that there are very major differences between the first object here in question and your item, which is much more within the range of possible, although it is also possible that your second piece here is a real armband with added black stripes.

Again, I think those who know me are aware that I propose no text book with these things.

We should have a thread on variations of brassards. The cotton arm band is the exception, as the brown shirt uniform dates to a time in which the SS was quite small, and its use as a summer uniform in the years 1933-1936 diminished.
    Bob Coleman is the man I would ask on this material.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks for your addendum. I would suggest that there are very major differences between the first object here in question and your item, which is much more within the range of possible, although it is also possible that your second piece here is a real armband with added black stripes.

Again, I think those who know me are aware that I propose no text book with these things.
    yes what you say is all true words if i did not have in hand my self i would shine doubt , but i i felt it was good and i am hard nosed with this stuff dont make what i think right but ever . but i try not to have my head in the sand

Quote by hawkins View Post
    yes what you say is all true words if i did not have in hand my self i would shine doubt , but i i felt it was good and i am hard nosed with this stuff dont make what i think right but ever . but i try not to have my head in the sand
    Thank you. We are grateful for your experience and respect your judgment. The only way to assess these things is with eyes and the other senses.

Do let me say this to you all: one criterion that is essential to me is the smell in the cotton of the dye, which, since there is no smell o vision, it is impossible to determine. The brilliant red dye (an orange red....) had a distinct odor, which I first encountered fifty two years ago as a child. I can recall it like Proust and his madelines. I always smell all textiles, as well as feel them. The seven senses are crucial to telling with this material.

Early SS Armband Opinions PleaseHere is one of the first pieces I ever collected in the year 1965......I still have it, actually. I do not think it is an early or home made piece, or even at all rare. It is from my childhood and has sentimental value from the start of my journey here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast