Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

early SS Black Feldmutze- authentic?

Article about: .. the metal version could be a much easier to find replacement .

Default early SS Black Feldmutze- authentic?

Greetings. I have never seen such a cap with this metal eagle/swastika insignia. I would appreciate your opinions. I hope its authentic but have some reservations and the poor quality images dont help. Any opinions are greatly appreciated. Regards, Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images early SS Black Feldmutze- authentic?  early SS Black Feldmutze- authentic?  early SS Black Feldmutze- authentic?  early SS Black Feldmutze- authentic? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early SS Black Feldmutze- authentic?
    P
    Many

?

This would be a good place to start reading about these caps:

Something odd about all these SS Feldmuetzen

?

I think the cap itself could be original, but the eagle is not original to it IMO...

Thanks BenVK and Arran.
    I was skeptical of the whole, but the metal insignia was right out of left field for me. I havent dealt with this particular dealer but his photos are notoriously poor despite him dealing in "higher end" merchandise.
    It seems these overseas caps are more easily faked owing, i assume, to the relatively uncomplicated construction compared to visors. Thanks especially to Ben for his excellent work on the linked thread (which i had seen before but this time it escaped my diminishing powers of recall). cheers paul

Quote by Arran View Post
    I think the cap itself could be original, but the eagle is not original to it IMO...
    Agree !

?

I have seen undoubtely original hats with metal insignia, but they was placed there by it's owner.
    The hat itself is original, and have a chance to be a period done with insignia, but I really like the Vorschrifts Muster
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I have a period picture of SS men wearing these caps. I'll post it when I get home tonight.
    So configuration of these caps did exist for sure!

early SS Black Feldmutze- authentic?The RZM tag in this cap is more or less of the post 1937 variant, I think. An early cap would have the white Feldmuetze tag introduced in November 1934.
    These caps are heavily faked. The real Hoheitszeichen with the doubled backing is an exceptionally rare piece of insignia on its own.

?

early SS Black Feldmutze- authentic?

Here's the picture with the SS-men wearing the exact same cap.

Here's the picture with the SS-men wearing the exact same cap.
    One more ( picture by TabulaTJ / WAF ) - in both the early type eagle would appear to be cloth , though , not metal ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture early SS Black Feldmutze- authentic?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast