Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Early SS Black Visor

Article about: Hello all, any opinions for this one? Its from WAF. link Thx and best all

?

Default Re: Early SS Black Visor

Karl Pflaumer wearing a fine looking cap in 1934 with a mixture of older eagle and I think a Deschler TK.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS Black Visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS Black Visor
    P
    Many

?

A popular combination it seems. Wouldn't have wanted to get into an arguement with this fella - Ulrich Graf, same year.

From Wikipedia:

Ulrich Graf was one of the very early members of the circle around Adolf Hitler. He was an amateur wrestler and a butcher's apprentice, and became Hitler's personal bodyguard from 1920 to 1923.
    He was present in the Bürgerbräukeller at the beer hall putsch, and with Rudolf Hess cleared the way to the platform for Hitler. During the march through Munich from the beer cellar, Hitler and Ludendorff and their followers were blocked by about a hundred armed police outside the Feldhernhalle. Graf stepped forward and shouted "Don't shoot! His excellency Ludendorff is coming." There was nevertheless gunfire, and fourteen Nazis and three police officers were killed. (Two supporters had been killed earlier at the War Ministry).

Ulrich Graf, who had shielded Adolf Hitler with his body and received several bullet wounds, recovered having possibly saved Hitler's life. In 1936 he was elected to the Reichstag. In 1937 he rose to become a Oberfuhrer in Himmler's SS. On Hitler's birthday April 20, 1943 Graf became an SS Brigadefuhrer, less than three months later on his birthday July 3, 1943 Himmler gave Graf a book that he signed " Vogt Bartold: The Long Train to the East", thanking Graf for basicially saving Hitler's life, Graf survived the war dying in March 1950.
    Attached Images Attached Images Early SS Black Visor 

Nice photography Ben !

the second cap is to small for the guy

Sebastien.

?

Great post guys, realy like reading all your posts! these hats are just the best looking peaces i think from WW2, they just stand out like nothing else. i just hope one day i can find one i can aford!!!

Early SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorApropos this old thread.

Early SS Black Visor
    Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I think the cap with the golden runes and such on the lining as we have here, or not, reflects the introduction of the series of so called "Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuehrung" items in the latter course of 1934, which came about in the wake of the SS freeing itself from the SA as a branch of the NSDAP. The histories of the SS Verwaltungsamt in German indicate as much, especially as concerns the evolving relations of Oswald Pohl's organization and the rest of the SS and the party. But I am not entirely sure of this statement and I ask colleague d'Alquen to correct me. The requirement to mark items with all the RZM nomenclature also eventuated in late 1934 with laws to consolidate Nazi rule, whereby the "protection of party symbols and uniforms" was part of the construction of the totalitarian state in Germany. This law built on an ordinance of late 1933 which had been a decree from Hindenburg, but the formal law of late 1934 was much more encompassing. Further, it seems as if the SS established a special section in the RZM for its uniform needs around the time this kind of marking of caps emerged, the later result of which was the Kleiderkasse SS. It is also true in many early caps that the evidence is plain of their retail through the RZM.

d'Alquen has even earlier caps in his collection made under the aegis of regional sub units of the SS in the era 1932-33, i.e. Gruppen, which corresponded to similar entities in the SA, but at a time when the SS was still a part of the SA.

Hence, the RZM existed well before 30 January 1933, but how the party dictated that regalia was to be marked is unknown to me, if they directed it at all.

I now know that the RFSS system started before the Roehm Putsch, and not in its wake. This document is from a week before Roehm and his fellow bully boys were liquidated.

Early SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorBy RFSS system, I mean this tag and its regulations.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-01-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Early SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black Visoras applies to this image, a similar cap in my collection.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Early SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black Visor
    Early SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black VisorEarly SS Black Visor

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast