Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

early SS cap oddity and or fraud

Article about: More comparisons as concerns the devil and the deep blue sea of fakes and their opposites.Attachment 198707Attachment 198710

Default Re: early SS cap oddity and or fraud

Friedrich-Berthold, I love your cap. You are a very fortunate person to own it!

Ty

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early SS cap oddity and or fraud
    P
    Many

Quote by kungfuty View Post
    Friedrich-Berthold, I love your cap. You are a very fortunate person to own it!

Ty
    Dear Sir, thank you. The images are not especially clear, but the two caps I have shown are at least authentic, something which is not true of the odd cap at the head of this thread. This second cap I owned is reputed to have come from a former OSS man who interrogated this Dinkel man who was the tried and liquidated postwar for his role in the unlawful execution in wartime of downed allied fliers. But I am frankly disinclined to believe the story. My only interest is the authenticity of the caps in question. The beat up one came from Braunschweig and the one with large cap cover and wire bracing came from s.w. Germany, as in Karlsruhe and its environs.

Dick
    ?

Hey FB, what state are you from, that is besides confusion?") Seems like we might be in the same State.

Dear Colleague, if your state is MA, as in Massachusetts, then I live in another expensive state. I shall send you a private note, in fact. I do like Massachusetts, though. It seems more sensible than where I live.

Happy head wear. But state of confusion is probably more to the point with me, actually. Also state of bustitude is also germane.

?

re the ugly "russki" cap: it's ironic that the sovs actually had one model of cap with a high peak which they nicknamed the "fascist german" cap or some such 'coz it resembled - a bit anyhow - the typical saddle form 111d reich peakers.

fb's and hammond's are for sure Things of Wonder.

in the discursive irrelevant vein: right you are fb - "facebook" is not only unpoetic, the word itself is about as odd and unappetizing a construction as "blog." not that its family relation "blogosphere" exactly dances off the tongue either does it...!

Quote by vady View Post
    re the ugly "russki" cap: it's ironic that the sovs actually had one model of cap with a high peak which they nicknamed the "fascist german" cap or some such 'coz it resembled - a bit anyhow - the typical saddle form 111d reich peakers.

fb's and hammond's are for sure Things of Wonder.

in the discursive irrelevant vein: right you are fb - "facebook" is not only unpoetic, the word itself is about as odd and unappetizing a construction as "blog." not that its family relation "blogosphere" exactly dances off the tongue either does it...!
    Thank you. The two authentic caps are nice. Russian hats have their place, surely. I do not wish to speak ill of them. It is just I want the real caps to have pride of place here.

The English language is plainly undergoing changes that I find unattractive and unsettling. As someone who teaches people how to write, then I am especially a scold in this connection. Dear Vady you, too, write for a living, so you understand my point. Also, I cannot see how the totality of one's life in pictures and little snippets can be interesting, unless someone unearths same seventy five or two hundred years in another society far removed from ours. Surely diaries, letters and photograph albums fulfilled the same role in a manner that is more aesthetically pleasing. I rather think that letters are a high form of culture, really. But I am a traditionalist and seeped in nostalgia. Happy head wear and what ever else, to include cap springs.

PS what happened to Mr. Chris H. Stonemint, by the way? Did he decamp to some other site, too? It is very hard to keep track.

as concerns the above, this addendum
    Attached Images Attached Images early SS cap oddity and or fraud 

FB, the photo's of the originals are quite clear as to their authenticity. As for the 1st photo very obvious that it is a repo.

Stories without fact is just as that, a story.

I say again congrat's for your possessions and keep up your good work of excellence in your educational position as a writer to all on this site and beyond this forum. You are an inspiration that is to be admired.

I also agree with your opinion about the english language. Being a born U.S. citizen i have seen unsettling changes that have discomforted me but at the same time life is always a change and you must at times embrace the changes as long as it does not change your views. This is totally another matter of discussion to which i will not bore the other viewers.

best rgrds, Ty

Dear Kungfuty, thank you for the kind words. best wishes, FB

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    as concerns the above, this addendum
    could that be that a RAIN COVER on ddd's cap?
    maybe dummi-dummi daluege wasn't so dum after all...

'course maybe it's just ... rain glistening (?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast