Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

early SS officer's cap.

Article about: Attachment 428852An early SS officer's cap of some merit. The tag: Wm. Kueppers of Dortmund, an A2 maker, i.e. artisan. The photo is Wilhelm Kube in Potsdam in March 1934. The latter became

Default Re: early SS officer's cap.

A book is a very demanding thing, and an author often is unfair to himself or herself. Give yourself credit, where it is due. And it is fully due to you, especially with your patience and skill in explanation.
    Your publisher does good work. I bought the Feldmuetze book in Germany, and it is very well done, save that I am in favor of fewer adjectives and adverbs.
    However, your deed takes great courage and has great merit, indeed.
    I am a book person, and it is like in Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, that we have to provide each other moral support.
    I can recall when I got the copy of my first book a long time ago, and it is a very powerful experience, which I can well share.
    Others will criticize you, and some of it will have merit, while much of it will not, especially in many on line places.
    In Germany, book reviews are an important part of the culture I adore, and I am sure your book will make its way and achieve merit and you will write, then, a better book.
    I should do a book on my collection, but my real life is far too busy with other writing and duties that leave me no time.
    The main thing is to then write a second book, and then another.
    I am working on my third, but it is going quite slowly because of translation and I am distracted by keeping what remains of my career intact.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early SS officer's cap.
    P
    Many

early SS officer's cap.The contrast of a cap over four or five early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap. years time, more or less.....

In answer to a previous post, the chords are fully functional adjustable chin-straps, not simply there for decoration

Hi FB,

I was wondering what kind of medal Wilhelm Kube has above his Party Badge? I've been digging around on threads, but am still not finding it. Cant say i've seen this particular medal before. Thanks FBn and that is one superb Early SS Cap.

Tough to make out, but it looks to be a March 1 1935 Saar Gau Badge.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early tags and caps.....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-02-2012 at 10:33 PM.

early SS officer's cap.Attachment 429539Of course, the earliest caps had no tags at all, truth be said. This 1935 directive makes clear how stringent and remorseless was the RZM tag regime in order to impose compliance and punish those who sold inferior material.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-02-2012 at 07:42 PM.

?

When did the rzm tags start using the SS runes on the tag? Would it be around 1935 or so?

early SS officer's cap.
    Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 429334Attachment 429051Attachment 429052This tag was introduced in late 1934.
    See post # 17. Said tag was apparently introduced in November, 1934, which means that it came into general use in the time following. Those unfamiliar with the details of the RZM date these tags from the legislation cited on them, which, in general is of an earlier date than the tag, itself.
    For instance, this tag cites the March 1933 decree of the Reichspraesident which made unlawful possession of party regalia by those not entitled to it.
    However, this tag was introduced much later.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-02-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Greetings FB

Thank you for the kind words.

Been meaning to ask for a while but never seemed to find the right moment....looks as if it's here...

What books have you published ? and what's the next one about ?

cheers

tony

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast