Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

early SS officer's cap.

Article about: Attachment 428852An early SS officer's cap of some merit. The tag: Wm. Kueppers of Dortmund, an A2 maker, i.e. artisan. The photo is Wilhelm Kube in Potsdam in March 1934. The latter became

Default Re: early SS officer's cap.

Quote by jHAM View Post
    F-B
    thank you for sharing this gem of a cap and for the insight and analysis of this topic. sainthood awaits you for your work in cyberspace.
    Attachment 434473Attachment 434474Attachment 434475Attachment 434476
    Thank you, friend. At least the curious can see real material, and that is better for them and for us, overall. Thanks for your work here, too.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-12-2012 at 04:36 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early SS officer's cap.
    P
    Many

Quote by Robert H View Post
    Very nice Images Berthold, glad I still have this solid wood ruler.
    I am back settled in the Reich, nice hill side place and the neighbor is the beautiful forest. A lot lot of snow right gives a lot of piece.
    In case you will find me, a Schwarzwalder will be for you on the plate.

Hunting is still good, just a phone call 3 WSS caps survived so will see ...

all the best,
    Robert
    Thank you. Please stay in touch, FB

early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.Echoes of the past in their faintness....by the way, the Totenschaedel is not mine and I did not pull it off one of the caps. Perish the thought. The image erupted in the ether, and I included it for the amusement of our readers.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-15-2012 at 12:51 AM.

early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.Here is an NSDAP cap of somewhat later age to my black SS caps. It has also had a velvet band added as part of the modernization, the date of which is ca. 193X? This is courtesy of the maroon horror site, from a person there of some taste and refinement.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-19-2012 at 12:36 PM.

early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.This is another early NSDAP cap, with the silver wire chin strap that was updated with later badges.
    Notice the shape of the crown, as well as the leather peak, etc.

This use of the RZM logo was later banned, along with the use of commercial logos, as well. These images are courtesy of a sophisticated French collector on the maroon madness site.

early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.The use of the real silver wire Kordel is not untypical of early caps of the SS officer.

early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.Attachment 438844Attachment 438843Here is an illustration of such a cap from the 1935 guide to the manufacture of caps, the SS portion of which is lifted more or less verbatim from the RZM circulars.

early SS officer's cap.another cap of early make, ca. 1935 with updated Hoheitszeichen.

- - Updated - -

early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.Compare.... the cap on the left has the more or less post November 1934 tag with the SS runics, whereas the cap on the right has the earlier....?...brown tag.
    Both caps were made by Breiter of Munich and both came from Maederer, in fact.

?

Thanks for this thread FB, I just learned more about tags. And amazing caps as well

early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.
    Quote by Blaise View Post
    Thanks for this thread FB, I just learned more about tags. And amazing caps as well
    Thank you, and much good luck in your collecting.

What I have learned I strive to put before the reading public. To be sure, I am grateful for the help of others. Our goal is to empower the beginning collector, while soliciting the aid of the senior, possessed of knowledge cohort.

Others can share part of the burden, too, of course. I am always amused by how many read these threads and how few comment.

However, in this connection, the supply of material and knowledge is much smaller than I had thought.

Happy holidays to you all and may your bits of the past accumulate in the year to come without too great a residue of digital silliness.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-22-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast