MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Early SS Summer Tunic

Article about: I posted this tunic earlier with very little response. The insignia is only pinned to the tunic and I was asking if Forum members would restore the tunic with it's earlier applied insigniaor

?

Thanks for the photo. I didn't ever remember seeing an SS uniform with that many buttons. Thanks again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS Summer Tunic
    P
    Many

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The official white SS tunic was cut in the style of the black one and thus had an open collar and a four-button front.

Period photographs show that some Waffen-SS officers wore a closed-collar white tunic in the army- or police style.

This, however, was a strictly unofficial, non-regulation choice by a few individuals. Heiner Bremer (seen above) was one, Karl-Maria Demelhuber and Fritz Schmedes were two other examples that come to mind.
    My white LAH tunic of yore was in the Army cut, and had lots of buttons.

Early SS Summer Tunic Hi Greimers, very nice looking insignia, especially the arm/sleeve Adler, the tunic looks like the Heer old style tunic ( Prussian ) in which was in 40-41 ( I think) made non regulation as previously stated, but the Heer Generals / GFMs still wear up to the last days of the war. Normally CW with 8 buttons, slash pockets and French cuffs.
    Regards SK

The insignia all looks good to my eyes. Stitch 'em on!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

As been said this is not a standard White ss tunic , So its all speculation and a case of what you want it represent at the end of the day , Since its in your hands is there any sign of it ever been worn as ss there should be tell tale signs , What year did the army introduce the white tunic ? i know the white ss officers was around 1937-38 for a short time . But as pointed out there are a few cases of army issuh been worn .

Introduction date for this type of tunic was July 1937, although it was worn much later, in the summer months, in lieu of the standard uniform tunics and especially, when off duty or at informal events.
    It was more often worn with normal type breeches or piped trousers, with or without the belt and occasionally with the dagger.

The insignia combination you are thinking of putting on the tunic is incorrect. The shoulder boards with the "D" cyphers are for the SS regiment Deutschland. These would not be worn in conjunction with SS-TV insignia.
    d'Alquen

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    The insignia combination you are thinking of putting on the tunic is incorrect. The shoulder boards with the "D" cyphers are for the SS regiment Deutschland. These would not be worn in conjunction with SS-TV insignia.
    d'Alquen
    This comment is of course quite correct, so it looks as though either a set of appropriate runic tabs will be required or a set of shoulder straps with a numerical cipher "1" attached.

Perhaps, although the D cyphers only measure 12mm. Could this be a case of an individual recognising previous service or perhaps even belonging to Amstgruppe D under Obergruppenfuhrer Pohl or SS- Wirtschaftverwaltunghauptamt - WVHA as Office Group D. I just don't know, other than the indentation on the shoulder boards match this cypher. Regardless, thank you all for your valuable opinions and insight.

Hi Hawkins, sorry for the late reply, you can see clearly where the collar tabs, sleeve eagle, AlteKampher and cuff title were previously situated on the tunic; unfortunately there were also Oberfuhrer tabs, boards and an Oberbayern cuff-title that had been sold previously that I missed out on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast