Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early ss uniform?

Article about: I don't recall seeing this hat before. I guess it is an early SS uniform. Am I right? I wonder what that emblem on the side of the hat looks like. It sort of looks like an Edelweiss. The col

Default Re: Early ss uniform?

Here is one from the Jenkins treasures with a leather peak. It has no RZM marks. Notice, as well, the appearance of the textile used in this cap.
    Attached Images Attached Images Early  ss  uniform? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early  ss  uniform?
    P
    Many

Here is the underside of the peak and the alcor sweatband...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early  ss  uniform?  

This is a rare officer's cap with leather peak in Canada, and a similar cap was recently sold by the Whamond site. My apologies to the owner, but it is such and interesting piece that it deserves our admiration under the heading of "early SS uniform..."

This is the cap recently sold on the Whamond site. It has the intriguing trait of a buckram cap band under the velvet, as well as a leather peak. The cap cords are silver wire. The lining is real black silk. The textile used is essentially identical to that in the Breiter caps posted here. The texture and hand of the woolen cover are not well shown in this image, but look at the 1st Breiter cap above and the Jenkins cap. I also think the SS man who wore this got bashed on the noggin or had the thing fall under a street car, as it has been repaired. This kind of damage to caps is not uncommon. The SA kepi with the yellow facings got dropped in the asphalt of spring and summertime, though it does not show in the image I posted.

I must confess that I find it astonishing that these pieces have survived. I realize that the wartime, battle field caps are all the rage among most of you, but I fancy these caps more, actually. Jedem das seine. I hope those interested in the theme "...early SS..." now have something to reflect upon that is more edifying than the black magic of fake collar patches and even more fake cap badges as predominate on other sites.

Here, as my final attempt to overcome ennui, is an somewhat later Mueller cap, which shows the escalation of cap covers as the regime consolidated itself.

Here is a similar cap to the one I just posted....this piece appeared a long time ago and vanished....it, too, is a Mueller extra model.

Here is Josef Dietrich with a cap not unlike that in post # 24.... the owner of the cap in post 24 was likely a Becker from the 49 Sta. in Braunschweig commissioned in early 1934. His is a nice example of an early SS uniform. Does d'Alquen know when this image was made?

The picture is an officer of S A Standarte 12, Gruppe Hochland, stationed at Mindelheim. Attached is an image of a similar kepi with a good view of the Hochland form edelweiss. My colleagues who replied initially to your inquiry are both long respected collectors and scholars in the field of S S collecting.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for the above. My apologies for pinching pictures from your SA treasure trove, but the demands of knowledge are great, indeed.

I have seen an uniform in the Bundeswehr museum in Dresden that matched the dark brown of the sulfur yellow SA officer's kepi early in this thread.

Thank you for the compliment, but I am surely not nearly the expert here as colleague d'Alquen and no one has a collection as astonishing as Bob Coleman.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast