Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early SS uniform

Article about: hey guys, I want to buy this uniform and would like your opinion on it. The seller offers me full 100% originality stuf(and seeing the rest of his stuf i feel ok with this) regards, Job

Default Early SS uniform

hey guys,

I want to buy this uniform and would like your opinion on it. The seller offers me full 100% originality stuf(and seeing the rest of his stuf i feel ok with this)

regards, Job

Early SS uniformEarly SS uniformEarly SS uniformEarly SS uniformEarly SS uniformEarly SS uniformEarly SS uniform

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS uniform
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

I won't make a comment on the uniform , I'll only say others will want , up close photos , better lighting and more detail .
    Also just because someone has lots of original stuff , doesn't mean they wouldn't be happy to sell you repros .
    Best of luck

That is definitely not a SS brownshirt. The SS shirts had black leather buttons which this piece does not have. It also does not have a SS armband. Further pictures are not required to judge this put together piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

thanks, guys.
    I don`t know anything about brown ss shirts. Reason i posted here; wanted to see if the piece was right( but it is not, as i thought). They will sell you fake stuff indd! But when a seller has a netwerk and people hear he sells fake stuff, than he will be done selling good or bad very fast. On one of the picture he removed the buttons(ill check this out).

regards, Job

People have been known to peddle fake material for decades without ever running out of business --- so... be careful, ask first (like you did here) or know your stuff before committing to any larger purchases. SS uniforms would certainly be something that you should be extra careful with, simply because of the prices original SS articles command and the incredible greed that often entails...

Also, looking for relative deals/bargains in the SS collecting realm will quickly get you into trouble --- not saying that that's the case here though but it seems a commonly encountered faux pas made by new collectors and dealing with SS this could be very costly mistakes.

agree with all been said.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    That is definitely not a SS brownshirt. The SS shirts had black leather buttons which this piece does not have. It also does not have a SS armband. Further pictures are not required to judge this put together piece.
    A word of authority. And, at the risk of being abrupt, there is a minimum standard of pictorial clarity needed here in the case you enlist the expert opinion of others. These image do not reveal much at all, except to our most senior and knowing expert and savant.

Indeed, they pose more questions than not. Bob Coleman is the real expert.

The SS dagger scabbard shows sign of being from the mid to late period....the mid beginning on 1936 regarding SS dagger transition phase. The early SS uniform changed prior to 1936...... 1935 being the end of the early dagger period. If at all possible I would like to see this dagger in its entirety in the SS dagger forum. The tang nut is questionable..but may be due to the lighting.
    Other than that...the uniform displays are outstanding. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

what is an "early SS uniform?"

What is an early SS cap.....?

How do you define such a thing....?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast