Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Early A-SS Visor

Article about: This early A-SS hat with with leather visor and alkor sweatband is shown on another forum for discussion with no result concerning the originality. I'm not sure about it. With the permission

Default Early A-SS Visor

This early A-SS hat with with leather visor and alkor sweatband is shown on another forum for discussion with no result concerning the originality. I'm not sure about it. With the permission of the poster I would like to show you the visor as well to get further opinions on it. There are no tags or maker marks in the inside. The hat box doesn't belong to the hat. Thanks for your help and comments.
    Regards Stefan

Early A-SS Visor

Early A-SS VisorEarly A-SS VisorEarly A-SS VisorEarly A-SS VisorEarly A-SS VisorEarly A-SS VisorEarly A-SS VisorEarly A-SS Visor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early A-SS Visor
    P
    Many

My concern when I see one of these is that it was an NCO Leibhusar visor with added chinstrap and TR insignia--especially where the skull extends above the band, as here. (LHR visors were also made in the 1920's and 1930s for veterans to wear at reunions).

What is needed are under the hood shots (ie, with the sweatband down) so the lining and pasteboard can be seen.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

PS--this is what I mean by LHR:
    Attached Images Attached Images Early A-SS Visor 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thanks to stonemint for his helpful contribution. the discussion on the german forum leads in the same direction. Once again thanks to stonemint.

Regards

Stefan

For clarification purposes, if real, this is not an "Allgemeine" SS cap but a black cap. All branches of the SS wore the black uniform for dress.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.