Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early SS visor cap

Article about: This one is up on ebay right now, and I'm pretty sure its a stinker, but I wanted to throw it out on the forum and see if all my opinions are correct. So here's what I see 1. The chincord is

Default Early SS visor cap

This one is up on ebay right now, and I'm pretty sure its a stinker, but I wanted to throw it out on the forum and see if all my opinions are correct. So here's what I see 1. The chincord is incorrect 2. The piping looks too thick 3. the cap has vent holes on the side 4. I've never seen red lining in an SS visor 5. The tag in the front of the visor almost looks like it has a DAF insignia on it. I'm trying to get better at researching these visors through the use of our wonderful forum here. So am I correct, or totally off base? Any opinions would be most welcome. Thanks.

Todd

Early SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS visor cap
    P
    Many

You are correct.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    You are correct.

Adrian is also always correct.

Early SS visor capEarly, that is, 1934 model black SS caps do have vent holes and are quite real.

Early SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capI own several of these.

The examples I own are either the 1934 model with the runes and such, or an early or non RZM type. None has a red lining, but I would never say never with items that were not yet standardized.

I know of a black field cap with the peak that has a reddish lining.

The original post item has been constructed via the use of our enclosed images. A daily phenomenon.

Thank you both, and thanks FB for the excellent information and reference images.

Early SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capI think the original cap is British of some kind, but I am not really sure.
    I am very limited in my focus.
    Fate has enabled me to collect a number of 1932-1935 caps of which I am very grateful to examine these at close range and share my findings with the wider world.

Thanks to Adrian for his wonderful site and his wise tutelage in what is otherwise a cosmos of chaos and disorder.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-16-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks to Adrian for his wonderful site and his wise tutelage in what is otherwise a cosmos of chaos and disorder.
    Early SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor cap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast