Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Earth-brown SS-VT uniform

Article about: The attached are in no order whatsoever. The Eskimo cap cover with the Hoheitszeichen is an image of my cap that someone has altered....go figure. Who can match the images to the headings in

Default Re: Earth-brown SS-VT uniform

I hope colleague Peter will add something from his own wonderful collection of uniforms as well as primary reference sources, not the least of which are photos from his albums especially of SSTV personages. Or some of you reading this who also have some evidence and data of merit?

And those who actually have handled the most recent grey uniform can perhaps generalize about it better than can I, an outsider and poseur.....?!

I wonder where the cotton erdbraun tunic that I owned in 1971 got to? And all the nice grey peaked caps...? I sold it all for pennies on the dollar. Maybe they were eaten by critters....destroyed by overzealous collectors...or otherwise went the way of the buffalo as has so much since the Nixon era? Granted time, we all embark on such searches for "Rosebud".....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Earth-brown SS-VT uniform
    P
    Many

Fultz
    ?

Well, it appears that at least by the date of this catalog. the open-collar uniform was called feldgrau. Either the color had changed, or just the name of the color.

Mike C
    ?

Similar to the tunic in posts 74 and 75, I have a well worn, similar tunic - what Beaver called the SS field grey drill blouse on pages 675 - 681 of volume 2. It has been heavily modified with the French cuffs removed and then re-attached to extend the length of the arms. Of note is the fact that the runic tab and LAH cufftitle are flatwire....

Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Earth-brown SS-VT uniform   Earth-brown SS-VT uniform  

Quote by Fultz View Post
    Well, it appears that at least by the date of this catalog. the open-collar uniform was called feldgrau. Either the color had changed, or just the name of the color.
    In fact, the catalog is from the end of the year 1940.
    My point, dear Fultz, in posting the catalog was to show you the kinds of textiles used in this regalia as well as to elucidate the issue of private purchase which you raised.

I hope our little tutorial on your behalf is sufficient?

Quote by Mike C View Post
    Similar to the tunic in posts 74 and 75, I have a well worn, similar tunic - what Beaver called the SS field grey drill blouse on pages 675 - 681 of volume 2. It has been heavily modified with the French cuffs removed and then re-attached to extend the length of the arms. Of note is the fact that the runic tab and LAH cufftitle are flatwire....

Mike
    Thanks, a very handsome piece, to be sure. The woven wire insignia were the inexpensive variants suited to this order of dress. See the headings in the Kleiderkasse price list.

Hitler's last adjutant, Darges (below), died recently and I include this image of him and his boss of wartime by one of the Leibfotografen, I think Walter Frentz, to illustrate my point about the cosmos of field grey. Or this is actually earth grey... but more likely just one of the endless and entirely ordinary shades of field grey that make us insane?

I do not see the Fuehrer reprimanding Darges as concerns the color of his uniform. He apparently fired the man on 19 July 1944 for his failure to kill flies in the briefing room at Rastenburg, at least such is in the article in the Bild Zeitung.
    Attached Images Attached Images Earth-brown SS-VT uniform 

Who is going accept the sublime task as concerns illustrating all the textiles in the Kleiderkasse catalog so as to enlighten the seekers of fabric truth in the early years of the SS?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Earth-brown SS-VT uniform  

The attached are in no order whatsoever. The Eskimo cap cover with the Hoheitszeichen is an image of my cap that someone has altered....go figure. Who can match the images to the headings in the catalog?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Earth-brown SS-VT uniform   Earth-brown SS-VT uniform  

Earth-brown SS-VT uniform   Earth-brown SS-VT uniform  

Attached Images Attached Images Earth-brown SS-VT uniform  Earth-brown SS-VT uniform 

?

I think this uniform is erd braun.
    It is with the matching pants, and i owned it several years ago.
    Don't know if this helps this discussion.
    Peter.

Earth-brown SS-VT uniform   Earth-brown SS-VT uniform  

Earth-brown SS-VT uniform  

Hi Peter, thank you. I am sure it does.

What a truly fantastic bit of kit!

Cheers, Ade.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast