Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.

Article about: Yep, that's what I was expecting to see. Many thanks. I'm sure FB is most interested in this marvelous piece as well that most collectors would be baffled by.

?

Default Re: earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.

Hello,yep thats me, a very interesting tunic and a great starter. Robert did not aquire the one starting the thread although I wish he did as the tunic itself is a rare piece of SS history. But it had the shadows of a heer eagle on it...a testiment to the fact that they really didnt care where there uniforms came from as long as they functioned.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.
    P
    Many

Quote by Magwa7 View Post
    Hello,yep thats me, a very interesting tunic and a great starter. Robert did not aquire the one starting the thread although I wish he did as the tunic itself is a rare piece of SS history. But it had the shadows of a heer eagle on it...a testiment to the fact that they really didnt care where there uniforms came from as long as they functioned.
    John, might I ask you to offer us a tutorial on the leading traits you seek in a Waffen SS officer's tunic? You did some of this on the ding bat site, but we here are aligned with a higher purpose of education and factual comparison.

I also associate myself with the fact that the SS field jacket was recycled, which is a well known fact beyond any dispute. Either the person joined the army or his old clothes were used by someone else.

?

Shown by Arran is as known M 37, but really I think it' a genaration of the shown above tunic, I have shown my model before, and seems the thread starter is is a transitiotional model of what I have showed before, and Between known as M 37. I have seen some of the converted to the heeres tunics, most probably they was reissued for such a kind of volunteers or HiWi in Heer. As personally I found from time to time, some examples of the SS VT caps in black and Feldgrau in Estonia, and as heard they was used for some of the training troops there. Most probably this tunic is reissued by it's owner after the end of his service in SS. Very interesting example, even modified, I wish to have the converted sample like this.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.The piece in question at the head of this thread has a VA contract date of 1935. (right) as is visible in my enclosure.

The register at the bottom of this thread suggests how popular our subject is to the readership.

Donnerwetter.

Gentlemen, please continue posting more examples and possibly the usage of these tunics. I find this thread intriguing in the respects that i have a similar tunic that i aquired some time ago. Very similar to the 1st example shown but with the typical 5 button dress and feldgrau shade.

I have no working camera at this time. ( i'm too cheap in things that really matter ) but i noticed that my example have no signs of collar tabs ever sewn but the sleeve eagle is present. Unfortunately the inside label is no longer there but the outline is.

I don't mean to be a complete newb as far as these tunics are concerned but this is not my field of study and any info. would be greatly appreciated.

?

Dimas, I think you are correct, I have seen this model tunic in different configurations most of the differences being on the inside. The one Robert shared has had a button added at the top also. In the future I hope to share more of what Ive learned over the years I want to get my gold membership going here first and take some time to think about what I will post. This model tunic is my favorite of all and I wish I could find one in decent condition even sans insignias .

?

To be right, there also two button sadded to the open neck collar. These tunics in most period seen pictures has no collar tabs, just the black-silver tresse around the collar, and my example has no any traces or additions for the fastening shoulderstraps, two first aid pockets, and half lined the same cloth as a base of the tunic. All the hooks are marked 34, as a buttons too, 4 front buttons is a bigger in size, than the pockets, and all factory painted, Label Inside placed the same location, but RFSS tags was never there, the white tag looks also has only RZM marking. I will find the pictures I' ve posted this tunic later.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dimas, were you ever able to find the pictures of your example ?

I have an SS tunic that resembles the ones shown but i cannot find any tags present. The sleeve eagle had been removed long before i purchased it with only the outline and darker fabric underneath. The material appears correct as well as the collar with no signs of insignia.

It's hard to find any information about this type of tunic as all the books i have read have not shown this type of example. This thread is 7 months old but i still have no luck. Is there any book published that shows examples of this style tunic ?

My camera of the past 10 years has been broken for a while so unfortunately i cannot post any pictures of mine.

A friend came over last year as I worked on my house, then he organized his friend will visit us to see a tunic/uniform group he got.
    So the van came, and all 3 of us unloaded the trunk with headgear and tunics.
    I looked at them, all WH medical doctor stuff and nothing for me.

As this tunic came on the table, I even told my friend that it looks like a typical SS tunic cut but got
    a big shade from a former WH eagle on it. I Mr stupid, even didn't open it. Then I saw the open tunic on Ebay ...
    But not so much regreds, as a straight SS collector the shade will be always present. But for sure a nice piece of history.

Also my favorite tunic style, and very tough to find.
    Wow, is this a grey tunic with the crusher visor ... SUPER!
    Last edited by Robert H; 01-10-2013 at 11:31 AM.

a very interesting thread with a great items shown. Personally i can't realize why earth grey tunics are not so liked by collectors, there are a couple very well priced and unsold at least since 2 years. i find them so special....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast