Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Erdbraun tunic on Hicks site

Article about: The Hicks site has a few very nice SS tunics at the moment. In my opinion though the erdbraun example with replaced badges is very interesting and perhaps the standout. SS Steel Inc. | SS Cl

?

Default Erdbraun tunic on Hicks site

The Hicks site has a few very nice SS tunics at the moment. In my opinion though the erdbraun example with replaced badges is very interesting.
    SS Steel Inc. | SS Cloth Gallery
    Erdbraun tunic on Hicks siteErdbraun tunic on Hicks siteErdbraun tunic on Hicks siteErdbraun tunic on Hicks siteErdbraun tunic on Hicks siteErdbraun tunic on Hicks site
    I show it here because they are very rarely seen. Thanks

If you must have it you are unfortunately to late as it is already on hold.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdbraun tunic on Hicks site
    P
    Many

I owned briefly one of these in the early 1970s, but it was devoid of insignia.

The 1939 buttons did not jibe with when this item was or was not phased out, but then the earth brown uniform was worn into wartime.

CBH
    ?

Would the collar piping and piped Totenkopf still be worn in 39 ?

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I owned briefly one of these in the early 1970s, but it was devoid of insignia.

The 1939 buttons did not jibe with when this item was or was not phased out, but then the earth brown uniform was worn into wartime.
    As I believe this one was at some point (devoid of insignia that is). Did yours have the same belt ramps?
    It mentions that it has been restored with insignia and probably buttons as well. It supposedly has the nod from Mr. Delich.

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Would the collar piping and piped Totenkopf still be worn in 39 ?
    I think that the most common use of these tunics was certainly before 1939. As F-B has said though there are images of these used in the war years.

Quote by jHAM View Post
    As I believe this one was at some point (devoid of insignia that is). Did yours have the same belt ramps?
    It mentions that it has been restored with insignia and probably buttons as well. It supposedly has the nod from Mr. Delich.
    Mine did have belt ramps, I think, but it was 1972. Or 1973. It had no insignia at all, no piping. Only RZM/SS buttons which were subdued, not bright alu. and such.
    It also had no tag, either.

I think the thing was introduced around 1936 and the last ones were or were not to be scrapped in 1941.
    Mr. d'Alquen is the master of the SSTV. I distinction between earth brown and earth grey as made in Beaver is a bridge too far for me.

- - ------- - -

I today own my erdbraun patch of cloth from my 1935 textile sample book.

What I know about these items is based on Vol. IV of Mollo, and, to some degree, on Beaver.

I owned the tunic for nine or so months, and the cap for a few years, and then traded them all away, not knowing how rare they truly were....

I was in my early 20s and had no idea of what this would all be in my middle 60s......

Hicks wants a healthy price for the black SS VT tunic on his site. Alle Achtung.