Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Estonia collar tab

Article about: Hello all, This collar tab was given to me in a large collection of militaria. It looks good and it doesn’t fluoresce. I believe it is the real deal. It was the only German item other that a

?

Default Estonia collar tab

Hello all,
    This collar tab was given to me in a large collection of militaria. It looks good and it doesn’t fluoresce. I believe it is the real deal. It was the only German item other that a mine marker flag. One side of the tab became unstitched on the back.
    I value all opinions, thank you
    Kevin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Estonia collar tab   Estonia collar tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Estonia collar tab
    P
    Many

This is not an Estonia tab, I believe it is a temporary camp guard tab.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Oh ok, I was told it was from a division from Estonia

Take a look at this thread.
    Estonia SS collar tab set
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I see, I did look up a temporary concentration camp guard patch and this one looks like one. It also says they were made in Dachau

CBH
    ?

Most mint late war SS collars tabs seen are the market came from Dachau.
    The SS utilized camp slave labour to make uniforms and insignia.
    When the camp was liberated many thousands of SS collars tabs where liberated by allied soldiers.
    Along with many other uniforms and insignia.

?

Estonians did not get the SS runes for collars, some had only one, some none. Because they could not make enough for everyone fast enough.

Some hand-stitched a hand holding a sword with a E on top to their right collar.

Estonia collar tab
    (taken from Estonian Legion website: Eesti Leegioni sumboolika - Kraenurgad )

Edit: In all fairness this was made a official Emblem of the 20th division in the summer of 1944, but even then, the 45th and 47th unit had been given different emblems "E and a sword" (No in estonian....seen as "Estonia never again" by Estonian soldiers)....
    Last edited by Leaf6; 05-25-2019 at 05:35 PM.

CBH
    ?

There was also a German manufactured Estonian Collar with a larger E.

?

Yep you are right...
    I´ll post the Official german made ones too...then this thread will have all the sources.
    (images from the same website as previous post)

Estonia collar tab
    After Battle of Nevel, Estonians started to return home to protect Narva. Brigade become a Divison.
    So the mayor of Tartu ( Paul Keerdoja ) gave Stubaf Harald Riipalu machine made and hand finished insignia patches, that men sewed on themselves.
    The insignia were so popular, that Stubaf. Paul Vent ordered more.
    Germans found it to be an issue, but let it slide.

Estonia collar tab
    The E with a sword I mentioned, in 1944 battles worn by 47th regiments 3rd battalion 9th company (and maybe given to the 45th regiment before the official orders)
    (this info makes the film 1944, by estonians correct and historians have proof. Being considered to mean "never Estonia again" is quoted by veteran Harald Riipalu in his Memoir book)

Estonia collar tab
    Unified official insignia recommended by Stubaf Harald Riipalu and the insignia were distributed from October 1944-Jan 1945.
    But soldiers took advantage of the confusion and kept wearing the previous versions aswell.

...If I find anything else on the topic I will just add it here.

Done...for now

RMD
    ?

Hey there.

Here is one for comparison....

Latvian SS Double Swastika Collar Tab - Original/Fake?

Estonia collar tab

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast