Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Execute The Fakes!

Article about: Hello Annoyed from this ads?   Have you ever destroyed any of the fake SS or any items you found? You all keep mentioning the bin and tossing it, but did you ever do that? Ever take a h

?

Quote by MrBeck View Post
    it would be a good idea to lower the numbers of these fakes.
    Its futile to even imagine that it is possible to drain the swamps in this way. The only answer is reading and research, as FB and Glenn have suggested.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Execute The Fakes!
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    While I can understand the frustration of some in this matter, our site has the answer, which is not that of violence or destruction of any kind. We have enough violence in our world, and the digital toilet
    has added the dimension of all horizons sewage to this ugly and violent world. Nor do we aspire to imitate the people we study or the people or anti people in the headlines who execute all who come in their grasp. The goal and method of this site is knowledge. With such knowledge, we enable persons to avoid the fakes in the first place.
    We devote our energies to the creation and refinement of this knowledge. This effort imposes a real tax on the faint of heart, who have neither the patience nor wits to collect SS regalia.
    So, the motto here is thus: go buy a book and read it; go learn German and use it; Robespierre and St. Just we are not.
    \

What I did happened over 4 years ago, way before I was on here.

Rather than exclamations of rage and such, the beginner here can do himself a favor to study all the stickies we have created here. There are many, and these contain some decades of knowledge as well as millions
    of dollars of regalia. It costs only the time, patience, and cogitation to read them and digest such knowledge.

...and read the posts of Mr. HPL2008 which set the standard for the successful social media regalia expert bar none. We have wonderful moderators, very fine members and exceptional collections of material
    as found no where else. There are many fine persons here whose collective knowledge is exemplary. If, however, the beginner wants to slap the table and or fling furniture and such because of the injustices
    in the world, the internet has an endless collection of places to do so....the sky is the limit for that sort of thing. The time you waste in screaming detracts from the energy and time taken to learn, and, also makes
    you less liable to receive help from the people who know what they are doing. Here you get such help, especially if you embrace the method and goals of this site.

Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Learning defeats the fakes every time....

Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!Execute The Fakes!It took me more than fifty years to be able to collect this stuff.....

- - ------- - -

...the beginner, however, has hundreds of years of experience here and millions of dollars of expense with only the user's fee of time and thought.....

It's the same as when buying an old painting...are the brush-strokes typical of the artist? Are the materials/canvas/paint correct for the time-period? It's no different...the more you know, the better off you'll be...
    I happen to be fluent in German...that knowledge alone has proven invaluable to me as a collector, netting high-dollar items for very little money, simply because I was the only one around who could read the writing...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 09-07-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    It's the same as when buying an old painting...are the brush-strokes typical of the artist? Are the materials/canvas/paint correct for the time-period? It's no different...the more you know, the better off you'll be...
    cheers, GLenn
    Bravo.

In addition to the very good points made by Friedrich-Berthold, DrPMC and Glenn let me add the observation that, rather than destroying them, fake items that have found their way into a collector's possession should be retained for reference and study.

Analyzing the characteristics of original items is essential, but acquainting oneself with those of typical fakes is vital as well.

(Of course, it should be ensured that they don't find their way back into the market.)

I've got a friend in town who plays in a Rock band...I think he's wearing the fake SS-Totenkopfverbaende cufftitle I gave him, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast