Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Fake? Der fuhrer armband, ss collarboard, eagle?

Article about: Hello, One of my friends who is a antique estate "buyer" picked these up from a large estate. I have some doubts as I have not seen this specific pattern on the "Der Fuhrer&qu

Default Fake? Der fuhrer armband, ss collarboard, eagle?

Hello, One of my friends who is a antique estate "buyer" picked these up from a large estate. I have some doubts as I have not seen this specific pattern on the "Der Fuhrer" armband. They look like very well made counterfeits to me, the white thread does not glow, passes the burn test, and smells/feels extremely old. BUT I would like to be 100% positive that they are not authentic. The collarboard with pips looks pretty believable and the thread used on the SS Collarboard also looks pretty believable. Because they came in a lot from the same estate, and I find the Der Fuhrer Armband very questionable, I question the other items authenticity as well. I would prefer to tell my friend with 100% certainty they are no good, or maybe they are. Maybe you can help us and thank you!

Fake? Der fuhrer armband, ss collarboard, eagle?Fake? Der fuhrer armband, ss collarboard, eagle?Fake? Der fuhrer armband, ss collarboard, eagle?Fake? Der fuhrer armband, ss collarboard, eagle?Fake? Der fuhrer armband, ss collarboard, eagle?Fake? Der fuhrer armband, ss collarboard, eagle?Fake? Der fuhrer armband, ss collarboard, eagle?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake? Der fuhrer armband, ss collarboard, eagle?
    P
    Many

?

The way I see it everything is bad and not original.
    You can find lots of originals on this great forum to compare with.

Regards, Rik

Thank you Rik, I was almost thinking they may have been from a post war Theatre set (movie) or something.. They were obviously worn on something before, but I was highly doubting the authenticity and needed to ask advice before telling my friend

?

1Fake? Der fuhrer armband, ss collarboard, eagle?

Quote by WWIIHOBBYHISTORIAN View Post
    Thank you Rik, I was almost thinking they may have been from a post war Theatre set (movie) or something.. They were obviously worn on something before, but I was highly doubting the authenticity and needed to ask advice before telling my friend
    Was thinking "Theatrical" also

?

A Reenactors Dream Set but certainly 4th Reich.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

All are very early repro items for sure , and as such these are actually nice to study .. !
    I never saw such a bad D.F. band before - so thanks for sharing ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake? Der fuhrer armband, ss collarboard, eagle?  

Quote by real steel View Post
    Was thinking "Theatrical" also
    Quite good for long distance scenes ........
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    All are very early repro items for sure , and as such these are actually nice to study .. !
    I never saw such a bad D.F. band before - so thanks for sharing ..
    Thank you all for the advice! I do believe these are very old reproductions and with your thoughts I now feel 100% confident they are "4th Reich" Thank you again!