Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

fake SS TV earth brown cap

Article about: There is a tendency among some to think of all Nazi regalia as having been seized in the spring of 1945, and then there unfolds a huge gap, and then we have the frenzy of the present. The re

Default fake SS TV earth brown cap

fake SS TV earth brown capfake SS TV earth brown capfake SS TV earth brown capfor sale on an auction site a malicious thing, together with some other head wear reverse engineered from the picture books.

I owned a real one of these four decades ago, so I believe that I can tell the difference. I did not keep it, silly was I.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement fake SS TV earth brown cap
    P
    Many

The cap I owned, I think, is in the Beaver Shea book, actually.

fake SS TV earth brown capHere is an original from a fine source.

Beyond this one detail, I shall refrain from listing all the errors in the fake.

In the early 1960's, I had several of these identical to the one FB owned. They had no RZM tag and I had no idea they were SS at that time. A collector friend had found aveteran who had baled groupings of this cap and also the black schiffen with the totenkopf front button. I bought ten of the black pieces and four of the brown ones. I got them for $5.00 a piece and sold them off at $20 keeping one of the black ones! How information and prices have changed from those days 50 years ago.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks, Bob. Mine was very well marked, stamped, and with the owner's name, as well.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    In the early 1960's, I had several of these identical to the one FB owned. They had no RZM tag and I had no idea they were SS at that time. A collector friend had found aveteran who had baled groupings of this cap and also the black schiffen with the totenkopf front button. I bought ten of the black pieces and four of the brown ones. I got them for $5.00 a piece and sold them off at $20 keeping one of the black ones! How information and prices have changed from those days 50 years ago.
    No screaming $hit buddy.

The vet was a US Army military doctor who was stationed at Dachau. He shipped back a huge amount of SS material found at Dachau. Among the huge treasure trove he had were two fully mounted SS Sturmfahne and a number of black uniforms and hats. He sold off the caps as he had about fifty of them! He lived in Illinois about 75 miles west of Chicago. He later moved to New York where I heard the balance of his material was sold in the 1970's. This was back in the days when veteran provenane was never questioned and just about everything was real. An era I would call Pre-Atwood.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The vet was a US Army military doctor who was stationed at Dachau. He shipped back a huge amount of SS material found at Dachau. Among the huge treasure trove he had were two fully mounted SS Sturmfahne and a number of black uniforms and hats. He sold off the caps as he had about fifty of them! He lived in Illinois about 75 miles west of Chicago. He later moved to New York where I heard the balance of his material was sold in the 1970's. This was back in the days when veteran provenane was never questioned and just about everything was real. An era I would call Pre-Atwood.
    Such figure are the unsung heroes who made the collections some of us have today. Thanks for the nice account. U.S. troops were at Dachau well into the 1970s, I think. Someone here should look that up. ( see below) The Munich area once had a high concentration of U.S. troops in the heyday of the occupation and the cold war.

See here:

www.usarmygermany.com/USAREUR_City_Munich.htm]USAREUR Units & Kasernes, 1945 - 1989[/url]
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-01-2013 at 05:53 PM.

See:

Eastman Barracks, Dachau
    (Source: Dachau Concentration Camp pages of the Scrapbook Pages website)
    After the Dachau complex was liberated by the US Seventh Army on April 29, 1945, many of the SS soldiers were incarcerated in the prison compound that was formerly the concentration camp (War Crimes Enclosure No. 1).

American soldiers moved into the beautiful buildings in the SS-Ãœbungslager and remained there for the next 28 years. The SS training camp was renamed the Eastman Barracks, and American soldiers were stationed here until 1973. The army garrison was then turned over to the Bavarian government and many of the buildings were torn down between 1978 and 1984.

- - ------- - -

Hence, such persons had more than enough time to dig through the left over junk which today is the object of such herculean effort and endless analysis.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast