Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Fake volunteer shields? Among other items

Article about: I purchased this lot at auction several months ago for \\$110. Posted on WAF and got all A's across the board. I've stumbled upon a post on another forum from 2019 where a dealer, don't know h

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    everything I see here are one lookers originals
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Could you share some insights as to what would have made these non-authentic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake volunteer shields? Among other items
    P
    Many

I don't understand It at all, I guess you made a good deal on these.

I meant what would have been some things that would have been obvious if they were fake

I defer my verdict to Carlsson, i have never seen a Croatian shield that has that backing, however he is the authority on SS insignia.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I defer my verdict to Carlsson, i have never seen a Croatian shield that has that backing, however he is the authority on SS insignia.
    Just curious, what is his background?

Quote by akriener View Post
    Just curious, what is his background?
    Just curious, what is your background?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Just curious, what is your background?
    Ralph.
    Well clearly not an SS or textiles expert based on what I'm asking. Not really relevant but ok?

Quote by akriener View Post
    Well clearly not an SS or textiles expert based on what I'm asking. Not really relevant but ok?
    I don't think that any of our regular members here really considers themselves an "expert", some just have more knowledge in some fields than others.
    It all depends on what you study more.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

On this particular forum, the membership pay attention to the replies. Those who comment incorrectly are soon corrected, if this is done diligently it will soon separate the Wheat from the Chaff. The questions asked on this forum are nonstop, and everyone here has other things to do. We should all be thankful, people take time out of their lives to reply. Not question their credentials. Also Cyclical Questions like why isn't something fake, really have no answers. It's real because it's not fake.
    This forum has a wonderful database of past threads, I'd suggest reading a hundred or so, regarding your field of interest. you'll soon see who knows what they are talking about and if you go in with an open mind, you'll learn a lot. Best of luck in your collecting, stay safe.

Quote by CBH View Post
    On this particular forum, the membership pay attention to the replies. Those who comment incorrectly are soon corrected, if this is done diligently it will soon separate the Wheat from the Chaff. The questions asked on this forum are nonstop, and everyone here has other things to do. We should all be thankful, people take time out of their lives to reply. Not question their credentials. Also Cyclical Questions like why isn't something fake, really have no answers. It's real because it's not fake.
    This forum has a wonderful database of past threads, I'd suggest reading a hundred or so, regarding your field of interest. you'll soon see who knows what they are talking about and if you go in with an open mind, you'll learn a lot. Best of luck in your collecting, stay safe.
    I questioned his background, not his credentials. Referring specifically to how he gained his knowledge in this area. Such as does he primarily collect SS items, does he have academic experience on this topic, etc.? Not a criticism of him in any capacity.

What you refer to as a "cyclical question" absolutely does have value. If something is authentic, it's because of attribute XYZ, not "it's real because it's not fake". An appropriate answer would be "Item 123 is real because it's sewn using this material over that material" or "the sew pattern is this and not that". If people don't want to comment, then don't! No one's twisting their arm to do so.

I have posted these items on here, WAF and somewhere else and there's people that say they're good and not good on both. So due to lack of consensus one way or the other, I guess sue me for doing my due diligence wanting to ask in depth questions with regards to technical aspects of items.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast