Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Field grey, or......

Article about: Compare the color of cap to the man's tunic and the color of caps in the present. - - Updated - - no "colored pipes" here, either......

Default Field grey, or......

Compare the color of cap to the man's tunic and the color of caps in the present. Field grey, or......Field grey, or......Field grey, or......Field grey, or......Field grey, or......

- - Updated - -

no "colored pipes" here, either......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Field grey, or......
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Field grey, or......

I think your comparison og the different shades of grey cap material says it all FB.
    As always nice photos.

?

Field grey, or......Very nice caps and photographs Friedrich.

A nice comparison of the shades of grey. Thankfully no coloured pipes to be seen

Field grey, or......Field grey, or......Field grey, or......

Thanks. Please do not misunderstand me: I embrace Waffenfarbe. What I eschew and detest are half witted generalizations about such an item that arise out of persons who have no idea of what really happened in the years 1933-1945, yet, based on superficial reading and gun show lore, dictate to innocent souls about aspects of things that are totally beyond their comprehension.

For this reason, impelled on me eight hundred and more times, did I sell two real, valuable and wholly authentic "colored pipes" out of disgust and nausea.

You can post about whatever pleases you.

I merely brought up the issue because once more a cap I have sold has stumbled on into fame.

In this case, the irony and ennui of the thing is manifest.

- - Updated - -

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I think your comparison og the different shades of grey cap material says it all FB.
    As always nice photos.
    As is so typical, the cap and tunic of the officer here do not match.

The image seems to contain a cap that is more or less the same color as the one I own, I think.....

The cap was sold to me as "earth grey," but I think it is field grey, as my comparisons show.

?

Field grey, or......

I quite like this fellow, thank you both for posting excellent images FB and Patrick.

FB, it is sad when people who don't fully understand objects add nonsense and take away value from worthy objects. I don't think it's confined to collecting SS schirms unfortunately. Objects and movements have their values co-opted and corrupted by ignorant folks all the time, cultural cache and values plundered for cheap profit in the present moment. These objects and their place in History deserve better study however than is given by these intellectual gnats attracted by the transgressive aspects of these organizations. Hopefully things will right themselves in the fullness of time.

Field grey, or......Field grey, or......It is also quite true that many fake SS caps are "colored pipes." Many.

However, my point here is that the cap and the tunic DO NOT MATCH at least in what we in the 21st century see as uniform.

Yet in the Bw of today, one sees the variety of greys in the exact same way.

Field grey, or......Field grey, or......Compare first cap with Wolff's

?

Ahhhh 50 shades of field grey.....sorry I am weak....

Thanks for the pics!

But in fact there are more than fifty shades of field grey, in reality, all levity aside.

Field grey, or......Field grey, or......Field grey, or......Further comparison.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast