Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First Purchase - Real or Fake SS armbands.

Article about: I'm the guy who got killed by Charles Snyder because I didn't know what I was doing. I'm finally ready to give this another shot. I'm in the market for an SS armband and have narrowed them d

Default First Purchase - Real or Fake SS armbands.

I'm the guy who got killed by Charles Snyder because I didn't know what I was doing. I'm finally ready to give this another shot. I'm in the market for an SS armband and have narrowed them down to two dealers using your recommendations. I would like opinions on these two armbands. Aside from if they are real or fake, what other information could you tell me about these armbands. Should I be looking for a better version? Which of the two would you buy? Any other place t get a good ss with rzm tag? Thanks.

The Collectors Guild - 495$

Grenadier Military Antiques - 475$

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Purchase - Real or Fake SS armbands.
    P
    Many

Both fine and both are highly reputable dealers. Personally, I would probably select the second, as it is cleaner and even slightly cheaper, but that's just my opinion.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

What's with arrest records ad? Is the new police state trying to acustom us to spying on our friends and neighbors?

The ad banners are only able to be seen by non-paying members. They are unfortunately necessary to help finance and continue the Forum as you see it today. If they are too annoying, you can join the Gold Club members, you will not see them anymore.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Here's a couple of more questions I could use help with? Is it just a personal preference to buy one that looks unused and clean as opposed to something that looks it was taken of a battlefield? What do the numbers represent on the RZM tags. I see a 2 and an 88. Any tips on storing these? Would a ziplock type bag be harmful? Thanks for the help guys!

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Both fine. Personally, I would probably select the second, as it is cleaner and even slightly cheaper, but that's just my opinion.
    I can only agree with Wagriff's opinion and strongly suggest you take his advice. Condition, like in anything, is everything and though for some new collectors that "used" look can be more appealing at first, in the long run you'll be much more satisfied and have a stronger investment in the "mint" examples. Besides, five hundred dollars for that rough example is just a bit too high IMO.
    I would also like to suggest you shouldn't be fearful of buying from collectors, and instead, only buying from "reputable dealers" suggested to you all because you got burnt once. Those "perfect" dealers can be wrong just as much as anyone as we have seen so often before.
    In addition to said reason above, buying from collectors is also a way you can get what you want for a lot cheaper. The only precaution I'd suggest in doing this would be you verify the item you're interested in is original on these fora prior to sending any payment; it's important to learn who to trust on these sites just as well FYI. There are many chameleons as well novice, such as myself, on these sites who can give ill advice unintentionally.

--I almost forgot, both examples are indeed original as said and in the end you must remember only you have to be happy with Your decision as you'll be the new owner.

The "2" and "88" represent the makers code...aka who produced the item using their manufacturing/licensing number instead of the companies name such as "Armani Giorgio" or "Hugo Boss" as examples.

I prefer wool over cotton as it smells and handles nicer IMO, so I would be plumping up the cash for the 'D' tagged armband. Still, the choice is ultimately your own. Hell, why not get them both?

In very first call I made when I decided to collect, I was told: "Don't buy sh_t. When you buy sh_t, you always have sh_t. Buy the very best you can afford, and it will always go up in value." He was right.

Quote by alexanderhistorical View Post
    In very first call I made when I decided to collect, I was told: "Don't buy sh_t. When you buy sh_t, you always have sh_t. Buy the very best you can afford, and it will always go up in value." He was right.
    Does that mean buy the nicer one or are you saying they both suck???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast