Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flemish legion Waffen SS men with SS brassard....something I had not seen in fifty years of looking.

Article about: A novel use of the SS brassard on a grey uniform, these are apparently Flemish SS officer candidates. Please correct me if I am wrong. Very noteworthy thing. The image came from the Axis His

Default Flemish legion Waffen SS men with SS brassard....something I had not seen in fifty years of looking.

A novel use of the SS brassard on a grey uniform, these are apparently Flemish SS officer candidates.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Very noteworthy thing.

The image came from the Axis History forum, which I thank. Flemish legion Waffen SS men with SS brassard....something I had not seen in fifty years of looking.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flemish legion Waffen SS men with SS brassard....something I had not seen in fifty years of looking.
    P
    Many

Interesting -it's odd too, to see 20% of them are wearing glasses. Some of these men do not look particularly young. I wonder why at least 3 of them are holding a pair of grey gloves?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I am an ignoramus with this particular subject, but there are other people here from the Low Countries who specialize in these units.
    All I know is how to drive from the Rhineland to Brussels and back, something I have done many times.

Bruges is also a wonderful city to spend time and enjoy. Much History can be experienced in Bruges.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes, you are absolutely right, I have been there often, too.

Forget Bruges! Try Lier one day!!
    Very intresting pic btw!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Never seen this before. Most interesting! The lack of collar tabs and shoulder straps in noteworthy too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

An interesting photo for sure, thanks for sharing.

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Forget Bruges!
    Whoaaa?!? Kris, that hurts.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The lack of collar tabs and shoulder straps in noteworthy too.
    No sleeve eagles, either. (The brassards - or at least some of them - are worn too low for them to cover the eagles, if there were any.) Apparently, these field blouses were issued without any insignia.

For the names of these men (the best-known of whom is Reimond Tollenaere), see here:

The Flemish Legion - Langemarck » Blog Archive » First Flemish officers education at Lauenburg

Also of note on that page is the large group picture with Flemish, Norwegian and German personnel. (Click on the lower one to enlarge; a very nice study of uniforms and insignia.)

Brugge for me,used to go many many times a Belgium friend lives there it never bores me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast